Value of: Cost of Carlo to the leafs

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Leafs are the last team the B's would help fill their biggest most desperate need. Carlo would be dynamite with Rielly and the Bruins have no interest in gifting you Carlo. The ask would be a gross overpayment. Think Mitch Marner.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
If the Bruins traded a big young RHD they'd need to find another big young RHD.

There's just nothing realistic from the Leafs that makes this appealing to the Bruins. It creates a massive hole right when the deal happens.

Reactions: Mork

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Nylander sounds right.

Tbh I can't think of another deal that would make sense from the bruins perspective. Even a player like Kapanen wouldn't make sense given our depth at wing.

Unless it's a deal where Sweeney was just getting blown away with value I don't see it happening.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Do not want Carlo..even Bruins fans can’t stand his defensive play.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Do not want Carlo..even Bruins fans can’t stand his defensive play.

That’s not true at all. Most B’s fans would like him to be more physical, but saying Bruins fans “can’t stand his defensive play” is not anywhere near true. He’s 21 and has a lot of potential

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I've looked at Carlo's stats, traditional and advanced, and it's not very impressive. And yet, to the eye test, he seems like a beast.

I have no idea how to value that player. I think he's overrated but I also would love to have him. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I've looked at Carlo's stats, traditional and advanced, and it's not very impressive. And yet, to the eye test, he seems like a beast.

I have no idea how to value that player. I think he's overrated but I also would love to have him. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Right? Whenever I look at numbers I see whatever #4 d-man, but when I see him live I think the Bruins needs to see where his development takes him.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I do think Carlo gets overrated by some B's fans, but it doesn't make sense to move him unless it's an offer that's just too good to refuse, and I don't see why TOR would make that kind of offer.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Right? Whenever I look at numbers I see whatever #4 d-man, but when I see him live I think the Bruins needs to see where his development takes him.
His stretch of play right before he got hurt was very very good.

There was a time before that however that Bruins fans were all for slapping his rear to the press box for some time off.

So, pretty common for a 3rd/4th dman 100-200 games into his career.

Not sure what his ceiling is. But if he topped out around an in his prime Hjalmarrson
I would think the Bruins would be pretty happy

Reactions: wintersej

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
His stretch of play right before he got hurt was very very good.

There was a time before that however that Bruins fans were all for slapping his rear to the press box for some time off.

So, pretty common for a 3rd/4th dman 100-200 games into his career.

Not sure what his ceiling is. But if he topped out around an in his prime Hjalmarrson
I would think the Bruins would be pretty happy

Yeah, while the Bruins true weakness exposed was middle 6 scoring, the Carlo that was playing heading into the playoffs would have drastically changed the complexion of the games in Toronto and I would be curious how having Carlo would have helped Boston match the Point line against Tampa.

Reactions: easton117

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Carlo hasn't been overly impressive, but at the same time, he has plenty of time to figure things out on the ice. As of now, he would just add to what the Leafs are already have in spades: useless right-handed defensemen who should see nothing more than a bottom-pairing duty. The difference is, Carlo is 21 and on an ELC, whereas the Leafs' guys are all older and more expensive.

In all seriousness, the most foolish thing here is the notion of a NHL GM trading his fridge-sized defenseman to a rival.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Leafs are the last team the B's would help fill their biggest most desperate need. Carlo would be dynamite with Rielly and the Bruins have no interest in gifting you Carlo. The ask would be a gross overpayment. Think Mitch Marner.

Peter Chiarelli, is that you?

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Carlo hasn't been overly impressive, but at the same time, he has plenty of time to figure things out on the ice. As of now, he would just add to what the Leafs are already have in spades: useless right-handed defensemen who should see nothing more than a bottom-pairing duty. The difference is, Carlo is 21 and on an ELC, whereas the Leafs' guys are all older and more expensive.

In all seriousness, the most foolish thing here is the notion of a NHL GM trading his fridge-sized defenseman to a rival.
Hainsey, Zaitsev, Carrick?

He’s instantly their #1 RD.

But yes. Not gonna happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad