Value of: Corson Ceulemans to the St. Louis Blues.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I asked this question in the Saad thread, but it hasn't been answered. I am very interested in Ceulemans as a potential reclamation project for the Blues because aside from Adam Jiricek (who is recovering from injury and was just picked this year), Matthew Kessel (who is currently playing on the Blues and may not even be a prospect any more), and possibly William McIsaac (fifth round pick this year), we have very little in the way of right-handed defense prospects with both Parayko and Faulk over thirty.

I understand that fellow Blues fans may decide to ask for a center, but I feel that right-handed defense depth shouldn't be ignored. To Columbus fans, what's your thoughts on this?

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
From my CBJ perspective, Ceulemans would be available for the right price. He was a recent #25 pick and his value has maybe gone down a little bit, maybe not enough development in the last two seasons. But he's still young, plays D, so who knows. So like you say a reclamation project.

So a high 2nd pick might be what I'd bite (like #33-40), or a 2nd and a 4th. Players or prospects I don't think we need or want at this stage. Veteran leadership could always be in the mix (Saad if he's still useful, I have no idea) but recently we're doing better on that front finally.

Reactions: Memento

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
From my CBJ perspective, Ceulemans would be available for the right price. He was a recent #25 pick and his value has maybe gone down a little bit, maybe not enough development in the last two seasons. But he's still young, plays D, so who knows. So like you say a reclamation project.

So a high 2nd pick might be what I'd bite (like #33-40), or a 2nd and a 4th. Players or prospects I don't think we need or want at this stage. Veteran leadership could always be in the mix (Saad if he's still useful, I have no idea) but recently we're doing better on that front finally.
Freddy Gaudreau and Carson Lambos. Please...

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Okay...hmm...Blues don't have second or third round picks to give (gave up two seconds in consecutive years - 2026 and the third round pick we got from the Mathieu Joseph trade - to Pittsburgh to get our original back for Broberg, and the third round pick we had was used for Holloway). Potentially, they could get one from a Saad trade, but I'm not sure you guys want to give up Ceulemans+ for a retained Saad; that conversation's in a different thread. As for wingers in our system, we currently have Snuggerud, Bolduc, Neighbours, and Stenberg, but all of them are suspected to be major parts going forward (yes, even Stenberg).

I mean, if push came to shove, I'd give up Stenberg, but I feel that you'd have to add a little more than Ceulemans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad