TSN: Coronavirus part 2: The world is slowly stopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
appreciate the wall of text :)..and I agree with a lot of your points

I'm simply saying that video asks a lot of questions that no one seems to have answers

I'm not sure if all those questions are important, or the most pressing ones to be asking, right now. Maybe later, in a few years, when we have the benefit of time (and health) to analyze the epidemiology of this thing. Right now the more important thing is the response at ground level. And you base that response just as much on qualitative observations as exact quantitative numbers. When you're in a massive crisis, you save lives first. Everything else can be analyzed and learned from later.

Reactions: MikeYEG

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

A Doctor On The Frontlines Breaks Down Exactly How You Get The Coronavirus

“This disease affects everyone… 23-year-olds, 35-year-olds, 45-year-olds with zero medical problems are getting this disease, people like that are coming to the hospital, people like that are going on ventilators. There is a very evil narrative early in this disease that said that this is only a disease of old people and people that have hypertension and diabetes, that is not true… it hits the entire spectrum of ages.”

Awesome video, well worth the time to watch it.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Well, Spanish flu because it came in 3 waves so we have to assume that this is the same lmao.

5 years ago, we were looking back on that pandemic 100 years ago, wondering how society could have possibly handled things that badly.

In 95 years, society will be looking back at this pandemic, wondering how we possibly could have handled things this badly.

In 100 years, society will go through another pandemic, and repeat the same mistakes yet again.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
@ConnorMcMullet

Progress report please. :)
I'll be watching episode 4 today.
EgCR.gif

Reactions: Cloned

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
The Balance Meditation App is now free for the next year if anyone is interested. Just downloaded it, and haven't tried it yet, but seems to get good reviews.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
5 years ago, we were looking back on that pandemic 100 years ago, wondering how society could have possibly handled things that badly.

In 95 years, society will be looking back at this pandemic, wondering how we possibly could have handled things this badly.

In 100 years, society will go through another pandemic, and repeat the same mistakes yet again.

We were warned over and over and over. I mean there was West Nile, SARS, MERS and others, nobody wanted to listen because it would interfere with the markets. Oh I hope their fortunes wither into dust. And yes, we're a part of history here, this will be remembered until they forget it just like we did.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
We were warned over and over and over. I mean there was West Nile, SARS, MERS and others, nobody wanted to listen because it would interfere with the markets. Oh I hope their fortunes wither into dust. And yes, we're a part of history here, this will be remembered until they forget it just like we did.

Society is like how I was when studying for a test in university.

Procrastinate, find excuses to not study and make progress, put things off until the last minute, then wonder why I had to pull an all-nighter the day before the test only to somehow sweat through the test, get a (barely) passing grade, promise myself after never to make the same mistakes again, go to the bar afterwards to drink, get too drunk, and forget what mistakes I made.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Society is like how I was when studying for a test in university.

Procrastinate, find excuses to not study and make progress, put things off until the last minute, then wonder why I had to pull an all-nighter the day before the test only to somehow sweat through the test, get a (barely) passing grade, promise myself after never to make the same mistakes again, go to the bar afterwards to drink, get too drunk, and forget what mistakes I made.

lmao sums it up pretty well. Now I'm hearing doctors saying that it's going to take about 18 months to flatten the curve and achieve herd immunity at the same time, without overwhelming hospitals.
I already knew this season was over but thinking there might not even be a 2021 season is devastating, plus all the tv and movies have been shut down. Tiger King wins the oscar! ..........This is the worst timeline.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
lmao sums it up pretty well. Now I'm hearing doctors saying that it's going to take about 18 months to flatten the curve and achieve herd immunity at the same time, without overwhelming hospitals.
I already knew this season was over but thinking there might not even be a 2021 season is devastating, plus all the tv and movies have been shut down. Tiger King wins the oscar! ..........This is the worst timeline.
I don't think it'll take 18 months. I think most countries will have peaked by 3 months from now. 9 months for things to return to normal. Hopefully.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Fun fact:

Most fans believe the pillow toss was unscripted for Chyler, but was only in Melissa's script. Hence the natural reaction by Chyler, lol.
I didn't know that. The acting has surprised me so far, it's pretty good. The writing can be a bit cheesy at times but the acting is solid.

Reactions: Dorian2

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I didn't know that. The acting has surprised me so far, it's pretty good. The writing can be a bit cheesy at times but the acting is solid.

Yeah, people don't believe me when I say Melissa is a good actress. Contrary to popular belief, there are good actors on the CW. ;)

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
I don't think it'll take 18 months. I think most countries will have peaked by 3 months from now. 9 months for things to return to normal. Hopefully.

So might as well catch the virus now while there are hospitals beds and ventilators. Amazing how fast the world went to shit, this is just unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad