OT: Coronavirus 4 - or is that thread 2.75?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018

Attachments

• 134855113_117636336867408_8345470388144662020_n.png
    134855113_117636336867408_8345470388144662020_n.png
    155.9 KB · Views: 3

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
My sister got her first already. It's an absolute shitshow here, but it's a start.
Yeah, the roll out here is a mess, too. My wife is heavily involved in coordinating the roll out for the Veterans Administration hospital in Durham and some of the surrounding areas of NC. Lots of weird restrictions on the processes from the Feds (being a federal hospital means they don’t have to worry about state of NC rules and procedures) has made it difficult. For example, the vaccine is considered a “controlled substance” here like narcotics. This means that unlike other vaccines where any doctor or nurse can open and mix the vaccine for administering, only pharmacists are allowed to open and mix the COVID vaccines; making it a huge bottleneck.

Reactions: MrazeksVengeance

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Gotcha, like I said drinking most of the day and being its a message board assumed some kind of attack and just didn't get it lol
I'm sober but I also kind of assumed some kind of "it's global pandemic, who cares of a hockey team" angle.

Or maybe, "Fool! It's a good thing Penguins are missing practices!"

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Well, we found out my wife's job will allow her to get the vaccine sooner than expected last night and then tonight I found out my mom, stepdad, and aunt all have covid. Hopefully, it sounds like they're heading towards the back end of it as they have had it for close to a couple of weeks. Good thing we were smart enough to stay home for Christmas and around then even when my mom was pushing to see us.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Well, we found out my wife's job will allow her to get the vaccine sooner than expected last night and then tonight I found out my mom, stepdad, and aunt all have covid. Hopefully, it sounds like they're heading towards the back end of it as they have had it for close to a couple of weeks. Good thing we were smart enough to stay home for Christmas and around then even when my mom was pushing to see us.

I hope they get well.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Hopefully they fully recover. My nephew in NY has it (he’s in his mid 20s). He’s had a bit of a tough go, but his fever finally broke today. His sister, my niece, is autistic, Type 1 diabetic and asthmatic so very high risk and their entire family has had to split up into two residences and quarantine to protect her. She’s been tested twice and thankfully is negative. That is where we sometimes go for Christmas as my wife’s whole family lives there, but they all kept to themselves this year and we stayed local.

My Dad was scheduled to get his vaccine today, but had a stroke late last night and is now hospitalized. He’s in his early 80s so not a good situation. Only 1 family member is allowed in he hospital with him so my brother, who lives close to him is with him. He’s been so careful to not get exposed to Covid and anxiously waiting for the vaccine and now this happens.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Hopefully they fully recover. My nephew in NY has it (he’s in his mid 20s). He’s had a bit of a tough go, but his fever finally broke today. His sister, my niece, is autistic, Type 1 diabetic and asthmatic so very high risk and their entire family has had to split up into two residences and quarantine to protect her. She’s been tested twice and thankfully is negative. That is where we sometimes go for Christmas as my wife’s whole family lives there, but they all kept to themselves this year and we stayed local.

My Dad was scheduled to get his vaccine today, but had a stroke late last night and is now hospitalized. He’s in his early 80s so not a good situation. Only 1 family member is allowed in he hospital with him so my brother, who lives close to him is with him. He’s been so careful to not get exposed to Covid and anxiously waiting for the vaccine and now this happens.
I’m very sorry to hear about your father. I hope he was able to get to the hospital quickly. It can make a huge difference in his recovery.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I’m very sorry to hear about your father. I hope he was able to get to the hospital quickly. It can make a huge difference in his recovery.
Thanks. He did get to a hospital quickly, but it was a small hospital in a small town that didn’t have the right expertise, so they had to transfer him to a bigger hospital 2 hours away.

when my sister left him at the first hospital around midnight, he had use of both sides of his body, and his right eye was responding to the light test. He was having a little trouble talking, but could still talk.

the next morning, when my brother arrived the next morning at the 2nd hospital, his condition had worsened significantly and his right side wasn’t responding to much at all, so we aren’t sure yet, but the neurologist wasn’t very optimistic.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Thanks. He did get to a hospital quickly, but it was a small hospital in a small town that didn’t have the right expertise, so they had to transfer him to a bigger hospital 2 hours away.

when my sister left him at the first hospital around midnight, he had use of both sides of his body, and his right eye was responding to the light test. He was having a little trouble talking, but could still talk.

the next morning, when my brother arrived the next morning at the 2nd hospital, his condition had worsened significantly and his right side wasn’t responding to much at all, so we aren’t sure yet, but the neurologist wasn’t very optimistic.
Oh, crap. I'm sorry. I hope he pulls through this.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
To Speed Up COVID-19 Vaccinations, North Carolina Is Turning To The National Guard

President-Elect Joe Biden says he's going to activate National Guard troops to help with the nation's lagging COVID-19 vaccination rollout.
But North Carolina is among more than a dozen states that have already beaten him to it. Gov. Roy Cooper has used National Guard troops from the beginning of the pandemic for things like running testing sites and food banks. Now he's begun calling up even more citizen soldiers to boost the vaccination effort.

My parents are getting vaccinated today via a drive through set up in a church parking lot.

Reactions: Canes and MinJaBen

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
To Speed Up COVID-19 Vaccinations, North Carolina Is Turning To The National Guard

My parents are getting vaccinated today via a drive through set up in a church parking lot.
Honestly the horror stories I am reading about seniors trying to sign up for the vaccine in some states, the National Guard could very well be needed in some states. Unreal how incompetent the response is for some areas.

@Boom Boom Apathy I hope your father is OK. I have someone very close to me that's dealing with pneumonia now, and while we believe it's not COVID related it's still a very stressful time. Especially since visitation is not allowed.

Mass vaccination can not come soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad