Confirmed with Link: Corey Perry re-signs 1 x $1.4M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Agreed, except that at 2 mil hes Probably more serviceable in a bottom 4-5 D spot than Perry is as a bottom 12 forward at his AAV. July 1 for the Oilers has been as I expected, they have regressed from their June 30 roster state compared to other teams that are close to a SC. JJ has lots of more work to do.

One team that has been weirdly quiet is Colorado.

If Desharnais is playing in their top 4, that's a big problem. He's a 6/7 on a good team.

I wasn't too impressed with Perry but he might have more to give. His play time will need to be managed.

Not really sure where the roster really regressed though. They have $5M to spend, probably around $3M after Broberg and Holloway re-up. Brown is back. Might still lose Janmark and Henrique but they could get some decent quality depth forwards with that money still. Arvidsson is an upgrade on Foegele and Carrick wasn't much here. Broberg pushed VD down to that 6/7 spot who they replaced with a cheaper and slightly worse J Brown. Which contenders made big improvements? I feel like it was mostly bubble teams that loaded up the most today.

Colorado is cap f***ed. They will create room, I'm sure, but not sure how

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Should have been league minimum as he had nothing left in the tank lol. I definitely thought he would retire after this season as he’s cooked.

zoo99

Nov 15, 2006
You let VD sign for 2 mil in Van but scrape together 1.4 for CP? I mean f***, I like Pears but he should have been league min and if he didn’t want to sign at that, bu bye. f*** off Jackson. Get a GM in place fast if that’s what your doing.
Unhinged comment

• Haha
Reactions: brentashton

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Definitely the last guy I would have signed from our roster.
Not sure he has much left. Maybe they just feel they need his voice in the room.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I was one of those who thought he was done but let's see what an offseason of rest does and then give him a limited workload. He can still be a serviceable guy who brings leadership and character as a 13F.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad