Value of: Copp and Stastny

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I understand Coleman had term. But Copp is a much better player than Foligno was last year.

I imagine a team would match a prospect like Kaut and a pick. Depends how much he is in service.
Coleman didn't only have term, he also had a really low $1.8m caphit. It's like if Copp was signed for $2m for two playoff runs.

I don’t see Copp signing an extension. He’s been pretty intent on controlling his destiny his entire career. Maybe you put that on plying with Winnipeg.
Well as I said I don't envisage that Sakic will part with a 1st for a rental who'd be a 3rd liner on the Avs (even one who can play on the 2nd line if needed), especially if Kaut is supposed to be included too.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Coleman didn't only have term, he also had a really low $1.8m caphit. It's like if Copp was signed for $2m for two playoff runs.

Well as I said I don't envisage that Sakic will part with a 1st for a rental who'd be a 3rd liner on the Avs (even one who can play on the 2nd line if needed), especially if Kaut is supposed to be included too.

Copp wouldn’t be a 3rd liner. And if he is you have the best 3rd line in the league. Although I’m super high on him.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Copp wouldn’t be a 3rd liner. And if he is you have the best 3rd line in the league. Although I’m super high on him.
'
I was specific in my word choice. I said he'd "be a 3rd liner on the Avs (even one who can play on the 2nd line if needed)".

Nichuskin has always made the 2nd line so much better, both offensively and defensively, and he's now pacing for 35 goals and 67 points while also being a key part in why Kadri has exploded. Needless to say there's no reason to remove him from that line. I'd say the same thing if we were acquiring Giroux - in which case I'd want Giroux on the 3rd line next to Newhook (plus on the 1st PP unit). Copp would be a fine addition and a big boost for the 3rd line and PK.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I understand Coleman had term. But Copp is a much better player than Foligno was last year.

I imagine a team would match a prospect like Kaut and a pick. Depends how much he is in service.

You cant compare a trade deadline where no good player was available like last season to a season you can have like 25 to 30 top 9 player and top 6 dmen available.

Savard and foligno was the best player available last season but in a year like this season they would be out of the top 10!!!So you CANT have the same type of value.

If 3 good top 6 player and like 1 top 4 dman are available with 12 team looking for upgrade. 4 player for 12 team... The price will raise pretty quickly

If 8 good top 6 foward and 8 good top 4 dmen available with 12 team seriously looking to upgrade. 16 player available for 12 team, the price will drop for some player (like copp)

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
'
I was specific in my word choice. I said he'd "be a 3rd liner on the Avs (even one who can play on the 2nd line if needed)".

Nichuskin has always made the 2nd line so much better, both offensively and defensively, and he's now pacing for 35 goals and 67 points while also being a key part in why Kadri has exploded. Needless to say there's no reason to remove him from that line. I'd say the same thing if we were acquiring Giroux - in which case I'd want Giroux on the 3rd line next to Newhook (plus on the 1st PP unit). Copp would be a fine addition and a big boost for the 3rd line and PK.

Winnipeg ain’t giving away Copp. I’m glad Avs fans predictably love their line up. Remember when Timmins and Byram were going to make up your D for years to come?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
You cant compare a trade deadline where no good player was available like last season to a season you can have like 25 to 30 top 9 player and top 6 dmen available.

Savard and foligno was the best player available last season but in a year like this season they would be out of the top 10!!!So you CANT have the same type of value.

If 3 good top 6 player and like 1 top 4 dman are available with 12 team looking for upgrade. 4 player for 12 team... The price will raise pretty quickly

If 8 good top 6 foward and 8 good top 4 dmen available with 12 team seriously looking to upgrade. 16 player available for 12 team, the price will drop for some player (like copp)

What forward actually rumored being moved is better than Copp outside of Giroux?

Pavelski?

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
What forward actually rumored being moved is better than Copp outside of Giroux?

Pavelski?

Giroux, Pavelski ,Hertl, Jt miller

Rakell = copp
Kessel, statsny still can help a team

If they are 5 teamreally serious looking to upgrape their top 6 with 8 player available. If youre price is too high, what do you think it will happen? If you asking a 1st for copp but arizona are ready to trade kessel for a 3rd or rakell for a second... winnipeg will stay with copp...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Giroux, Pavelski ,Hertl, Jt miller

Rakell = copp
Kessel, statsny still can help a team

If they are 5 teamreally serious looking to upgrape their top 6 with 8 player available. If youre price is too high, what do you think it will happen?

Giroux is likely traded.

I disagree that Pavs and Hertl are. Miller being traded would be a surprise.

Anaheim has not stated Rakell is being traded. Kessel can control his destiny.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Giroux is likely traded.

I disagree that Pavs and Hertl are. Miller being traded would be a surprise.

Anaheim has not stated Rakell is being traded. Kessel can control his destiny.

You disagree pavelski and hertl are better?!?!?! Or they gonna be trade?

Kessel between arizona and every contender, the choice will be pretty easy...

Rakell: if anaheim are out of the playoff at the deadline... they gonna be seller, same thing with Dallas.

If hertl dont want to resign until the deadline, he will leave.

Its not because a player are not in market right now, than he will not be on market at trade deadline.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
You disagree pavelski and hertl are better?!?!?! Or they gonna be trade?

Kessel between arizona and every contender, the choice will be pretty easy...

Rakell: if anaheim are out of the playoff at the deadline... they gonna be seller, same thing with Dallas.

If hertl dont want to resign until the deadline, he will leave.

Its not because a player are not in market right now, than he will not be on market at trade deadline.

Be traded

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Winnipeg ain’t giving away Copp. I’m glad Avs fans predictably love their line up. Remember when Timmins and Byram were going to make up your D for years to come?
Nobody here is claiming that Winnipeg should give Copp away.

I can't speak for other Avs fans, but personally I like the lineup while also realizing that a couple of additions to solidify the depth and PK would be extremely useful.

Timmins was always going to be the most expendable of the three RHD prospects. And last time I checked Byram hasn't retired and is still an Av.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad