HF Habs: Copa America 2024 | QFs: Canada vs Venezuela, Fri. July 5, 9 p.m. | TSN, CTV2, RDS, FOX ||| Euro 2024 (TSN, TSN+, TVA Sports)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RandR

May 15, 2011
The correct VAR call was made on the goal. Yes, the view shown on TV that makes it look like the defenders foot was in line with the player who scored was not from an angle parallel with the goal line, but if you adjust for that then anything closer to the camera (in this case the defender) will rotate more to the right than anything farther than the camera (in this case the scorer) which would mean that the defenders foot was closer to the goal.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

RandR

May 15, 2011
Although Canada disappointed in the World Cup, we were the best team in CONCACAF qualifying. And now in the COPA we advance to the quarterfinals while both Mexico and the U.S. are out. And Canada was in a harder group.

It would be great if we could beat Venezuela on Friday, but even if we don't such high-level matches on big stages are exactly the kind of experience the men's team needs more of.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
So only group D left. It definitely looks like Brazil & Colombia will go through there.

Top seed is still to be determined.

Colombia vs Brazil tomorrow at 9 p.m. Winner gets the group. Draw goes to Colombia.

Costa Rica vs Paraguay play at 9 p.m. If Costa Rica wins & Brazil loses they'd be tied in points, but the goal differential is so far in Brazil's favor CR is pretty much out already.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
For the amount of chest thumping that american football fans have been doing in these past few years, you'd think they are a legitimate top 10 nation in the world.

But all I've seen from them are mixed results not only on the world stage, but concacaf itself. It's a fraudulent claim, and the fans need to come down to earth.

However, they will continue to blame the manager for everything and the lack of competition in concacaf (a region that gives them trouble as it is).

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
For the amount of chest thumping that american football fans have been doing in these past few years, you'd think they are a legitimate top 10 nation in the world.

But all I've seen from them are mixed results not only on the world stage, but concacaf itself. It's a fraudulent claim, and the fans need to come down to earth.

However, they will continue to blame the manager for everything and the lack of competition in concacaf (a region that gives them trouble as it is).

They seem to think they're in some type of Golden Generation. I really don't understand that one. Anytime USA got it around the box, they absolutely bottled it. They lacked skill & imagination.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Romania smothered that first half but the Dutch couldn't kill them.
Actually I thought the keeper was terrible on Gakpo's goal power behind the shot sure but he should never score short side.
Romania are only one Virgil blunder away from equalizing.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
An absolutely dominating performance by The Netherlands. 3-0 over Romania. They're a fun team to watch, too.

Romania could do nothing to stop Gakpo.

The Netherlands will play the winner of today's next game Austria vs Turkey in Quarters.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'd rather not face Austria again.. not sure if we match better against Turkey or not, but I want to see this Netherlands squad the rest of the way with a bit more clinical finishing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad