GWT: Copa America 2024 - Group A - Argentina v. Canada

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Copa America kicks off at 7:00 PM Central this evening in Atlanta, as Messi's Argentina takes on Canada, featuring a new head coach. Argentina is one of the tournament favorites and must be considered the likelier to win tonight, but it's international football, so who knows what'll happen!

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Really hoping Canada can pull off a miracle and get a result here. Big tournament for the boys both in terms of preparation for 2026, but also for personal advancement and development. Wouldn't be surprised to see guys like Kone, Bombito, and even Johnston and Cornelius get moves to a higher level if they can have good tournaments, not to mention what a good tournament would do for a guy like David who is hoping to move to a top club.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I’m Canadian so I’m supporting “Les Rouges” but I’ll be impressed with a loss of 3 goals or less. This is going to be an extremely tough match

Really hoping Canada can pull off a miracle and get a result here. Big tournament for the boys both in terms of preparation for 2026, but also for personal advancement and development. Wouldn't be surprised to see guys like Kone, Bombito, and even Johnston and Cornelius get moves to a higher level if they can have good tournaments, not to mention what a good tournament would do for a guy like David who is hoping to move to a top club.
Anything can happen in sports that’s the beauty of it all. But if Canada beats Argentina tonight it’s possibly the biggest upset in sports history. We’re talking about the defending WC and Copa Champions and #1 ranked in the world

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Anything can happen in sports that’s the beauty of it all. But if Canada beats Argentina tonight it’s possibly the biggest upset in sports history. We’re talking about the defending WC and Copa Champions and #1 ranked in the world
Look no further then game 1 of the world cup for Argentina and you will find a pretty major upset. Hopefully they start this tournament on the same foot but I won't be getting my hopes up.

Reactions: Pink Mist and ujju2

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I’m Canadian so I’m supporting “Les Rouges” but I’ll be impressed with a loss of 3 goals or less. This is going to be an extremely tough match

I specifically said "get a result" instead of "get a win" for that exact reason (although the US beating Pakistan in the cricket T20 world cup a couple weeks ago is a similar upset imo, and Saudi Arabia beating Argentina at the WC was an even bigger upset). If Canada can squeeze out a draw, that would be massive.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I specifically said "get a result" instead of "get a win" for that exact reason (although the US beating Pakistan in the cricket T20 world cup a couple weeks ago is a similar upset imo, and Saudi Arabia beating Argentina at the WC was an even bigger upset). If Canada can squeeze out a draw, that would be massive.
Yeah a draw is still highly unlikely. I hope they can get any type of result but we’ll see maybe they can shock the world

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
Canada is fortunate that this tournament is in the USA and not in an actual south American stadium, it would have been an absolute massacre in the latter.

I don't think this gets too bad, maybe 2-0 Argentina.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
really hoping there’s a significant delay so that the kick off is much later

hopefully they do the american thing and start 15 minutes late

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I can't believe I'm here. Finally get to watch the greatest to ever do it.

PXL_20240620_235616511.MP.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad