Copa America 2024 - Group A (ARG, PER, CHI, CAN)

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Peru has been a lot better since Fossati took over, though it's just been some friendlies with D-tier nations like Dominican Republic and Nicaragua so who knows if it's real improvement or just window dressing. Reynoso's stint coaching was an incredible dumpster fire and they're going to fail to qualify for the WC out of CONMEBOL unless they pull off a miracle because of the hole he put them in, so whatever they do under Fossati can't be worse than that.

Not sure they have enough firepower to get anywhere though. Guerrero is 40 and still probably starting up front. Lapadula is 34 and would be a reserve on a lot of other nations' rosters. Gallese is legit in goal and they have a good defense when Advincula is healthy, but they just can't score. It's possible they can grind out draws with Chile and Canada and advance, but I'm not feeling positive.

Peru-Chile will be intense though because Gareca is on the other side

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Can we expect Carboni to see much playing time though? There's quite a bunch of established attacking midfielders / forwards in the squad ahead of him.

Maybe some late cameos.

Even if he is only along for the ride, it should be a positive experience for him.
Try as I might I'm not Scaloni. So I'm unsure what his plans are, I thought it would be Barco who would be the surprise inclusion a few months back. What's clear is that Scaloni is a fan of Carboni. I'd probably say he gets Almada like minutes and that's it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad