HF Habs: Copa America 2024 | Canada vs Chile, Sat. June 29, 8 p.m. | TSN, CTV2, RDS, FOX ||| Euro 2024 (TSN, TSN+, TVA Sports)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
the path for england is right there for the taking to end up facing either germany, spain, portugal, or france, and the netherlands could go to the final 4 and even to the final with their path. shocking how it played out, but it's exciting for a tourney with all the variables. I think it ends like this after the round of 16.

Spain
Germany

Portugal
France

Netherlands
Turkey

England
Italy

I think Austria can get by Turkey. England vs Italy is probably another 0-0 draw that goes to penalty kicks that the English.

They should make the quarters.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Euros take a couple of days off. They're back on Saturday with the start of Group of 16 elimination matches.

Copa America games tonight:

6 p.m.: Panama vs USA

9 p.m.: Uruguay vs Bolivia (right after an attempted military coup at home, too :confused:)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Uruguay destroying Bolivia 4-0, which is good news for the US, as that means Uruguay clinches top spot. US plays Uruguay Monday & that's a must win game for them now.

They might be screwed anyway because Panama's next game is against Bolivia. Panama won the head to head.

Reactions: Redux91

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think Austria can get by Turkey. England vs Italy is probably another 0-0 draw that goes to penalty kicks that the English.

They should make the quarters.
Austria will go far IMO. It's evident they are on and pumped.
Who knows with Italy they damn near self destructed and probably should have.
I think Switzerland can take them out.

England who knows if Southgate ever gets his personnel right they could be tough but he won't.
Historically his tactics suck as does his penchant for playing non performers and I'm still trying to make sense of his squad selections?
Luke Shaw coming in but hasn't played a competitive game in like 4 months. With no plan B at left back is pure genius.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Austria will go far IMO. It's evident they are on and pumped.
Who knows with Italy they damn near self destructed and probably should have.
I think Switzerland can take them out.

England who knows if Southgate ever gets his personnel right they could be tough but he won't.
Historically his tactics suck as does his penchant for playing non performers and I'm still trying to make sense of his squad selections?
Luke Shaw coming in but hasn't played a competitive game in like 4 months. With no plan B at left back is pure genius.

Yeah, England games have been incredibly boring. Hard to know how they're going to perform now that it's elimination.

I think both Switzerland and Austria can get through to QFs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rapala

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Well, Colombia shut down Costa Rica, 3-0, while Brazil destroyed Paraguay 4-1.

Euros are back tomorrow with Group of 16 elimination games starting.

12 p.m.: Switzerland vs Italy

3 p.m.: Germany vs Denmark

In the Copa, Canada is back in action tomorrow.

8 p.m.: Argentina vs Peru

8 p.m.: Canada vs Chile

Canada needs a win.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Well, Colombia shut down Costa Rica, 3-0, while Brazil destroyed Paraguay 4-1.

Euros are back tomorrow with Group of 16 elimination games starting.

12 p.m.: Switzerland vs Italy

3 p.m.: Germany vs Denmark

In the Copa, Canada is back in action tomorrow.

8 p.m.: Argentina vs Peru

8 p.m.: Canada vs Chile

Canada needs a win.
Canada needs a draw at the least. A win is not needed. Both Chile and Peru have 1 point, Canada has 3. Hopefully they play to win and not try and sit back

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Canada needs a draw at the least. A win is not needed. Both Chile and Peru have 1 point, Canada has 3. Hopefully they play to win and not try and sit back

There's still the odd chance that Peru wins and Canada draws. Peru would go through by goal differential?

Reactions: Michelangelo

atrud66

Tank Tabarnack
Aug 5, 2014
Edmonton
#CanMNT matchday!

Incredibly vital match for this program. Getting by a veteran Chile side and getting knockout tournament experience before 2026 would be massive.

Need to be infinitely better against Chile than we were against Peru. Hopefully Koné wakes the f*** up now that he got his transfer to Marseille. But he's not the only one. Team needs to play with a lot more composure in possession and not just give the ball away cheaply.

I'll predict 1-1. Jacob Shaffelburg late equalizer 👀

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
italy hasn't looked great all tournament. Kind of surprised how much better the swiss were in this game. they have some self reflection to do.

Yeah, they all look like they have summer villas booked in July and need to get out fast. Lol

They've regressed as a football country.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad