HF Habs: Copa America 2024 | QFs: Canada vs Venezuela, Fri. July 5, 9 p.m. | TSN, CTV2, RDS, FOX ||| Euro 2024 (TSN, TSN+, TVA Sports)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I don't understand how we were not able to just add 2 more goals in the last 5 minutes....

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I’m actually in Peru…Lima….was at the Punto Azul restaurant in Miroflores, fans are pretty respectful ...but we left the restaurant at 0-0, maybe now it would be different lol

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I just don't understand the reffing. They were finishing checks like it was 90s hockey. I get the play was over, but give a card and they stop it. the ref had zero control. what a mess.

I will give Canada's back 4 credit, they've been solid, the goalie has been incredible, but our midfield are bad. davies tries to do too much, and we just don't have somebody that can control the middle of the field.

they need to figure something out because they cannot do anything in the middle and consistently make the wrong choice. I still think Davies should be a winger for us. He has the legs, speed, and create chances with it, he's useless up front and playing a true middle field role. he isn't 3-4 steps ahead of the play.

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
The head butt that did not draw a red, or a yellow, or even a free kick. Peru player got a verbal warning. :facepalm:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Both. They don’t have the depth to replace players that aren’t really working, like Larin.

At least Tajon is coming on now
it's also an extremely young team and basically young program, catching up. Canada will be a force within a decade, imo, but it needs to unfortunately, learn to play through the shithousery, incompetent refs and weather. Why more games are not scheduled in Canada is beyond me.
I thought the central American opponents was a clown show, but a team like Peru with their imbecile coach...just wow. Dirty, dirty football that suddenly becomes victim football once they're touched

The head butt that did not draw a red, or a yellow, or even a free kick. Peru player got a verbal warning. :facepalm:

View attachment 887292
and they have VAR

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I just don't understand the reffing. They were finishing checks like it was 90s hockey. I get the play was over, but give a card and they stop it. the ref had zero control. what a mess.

I will give Canada's back 4 credit, they've been solid, the goalie has been incredible, but our midfield are bad. davies tries to do too much, and we just don't have somebody that can control the middle of the field.

they need to figure something out because they cannot do anything in the middle and consistently make the wrong choice. I still think Davies should be a winger for us. He has the legs, speed, and create chances with it, he's useless up front and playing a true middle field role. he isn't 3-4 steps ahead of the play.
agreed and eustaquio has looked awful, apoplectic, paralyzed. He's never played this poorly

Reactions: themilosh

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
it's also an extremely young team and basically young program, catching up. Canada will be a force within a decade, imo, but it needs to unfortunately, learn to play through the shithousery, incompetent refs and weather. Why more games are not scheduled in Canada is beyond me.
I thought the central American opponents was a clown show, but a team like Peru with their imbecile coach...just wow. Dirty, dirty football that suddenly becomes victim football once they're touched

and they have VAR
reality is there are only 5 teams in concacaf/conmebol who are actually trying to play a quality game.
CAN, USA, ARG, BRA, URU

The rest look like a bunch of low class hoodlums. One look at the Peruvian ciach and you knew what you were getting.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
reality is there are only 5 teams in concacaf/conmebol who are actually trying to play a quality game.
CAN, USA, ARG, BRA, URU

The rest look like a bunch of low class hoodlums. One look at the Peruvian ciach and you knew what you were getting.
agreed. And the PG quotes from the Peruvian coach? lmao. complaining about Canada's shirt pulling.
I also couldn't believe what I was watching last night. Brazil outshoots costa rica 19-2 and had what? 90% possession. Costa Rica played the entire game, 10 guys behind the ball, AND were getting calls all game from the CONCACAF ref. It was nuts to watch

We're seeing the growing pains right now, which is perfectly understandable. This is the first time we're actually trying to win and playing with legit pressure to perform. The program is going to get better at it with some time.
100%

I found Shaffleberg a real bright spot breathing life to the forwards with some energy. Prior to him subbing on it was tedious.
he should be starting vs Chile

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad