Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shesty

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Some of you gotta chill lol. We outplayed the best team in the league. Bob having the game of his life was the difference.

Sure the Panthers were able to suffocate us often, but we broke through a lot.

Not the worst way to get our first regulation loss of the year too

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Mika was absolutely brutal tonight. He’s a shell of himself all season so far, going back to the ECF really. He really looks lost and this year he looks slow and weak. Loses board battles and 50/50 picks he used to win, he’s not getting to the middle of the ice, he’s not doing anything.

Nobody was particularly good tonight but Mika has been so disappointing all of this young season so far. Ever since that turnover in OT of game 3 ECF last year he’s been dog doo doo. Very disappointing and worrying for this group going forward if this is what we get from him.

Joe Micheletti was particularly insufferable tonight. Just making excuses and lauding the panthers all night like they’re unbeatable. As if there was nothing the rangers can do. Bulkshit. They didn’t even have their best player tonight. That was a bad effort from the rangers all around. Sloppy execution in all facets.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Some of you gotta chill lol. We outplayed the best team in the league. Bob having the game of his life was the difference.

Sure the Panthers were able to suffocate us often, but we broke through a lot.

Not the worst way to get our first regulation loss of the year too

1) We did not outplay them.

2) If they're the best team in the league we're wasting this season because we're not winning the cup again.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Does anyone else hate every single post game from Mika? I don't know the guy personally but I have a feeling if I did I wouldn't even try to be friends with him. He has the energy of a turtle.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Meh, losing a game in Oct to a very good team isn't really a big deal, but it was disappointing that it basically looked exactly like the way the ECF was played.
Probably should have been about 6-3 in the end, Bob was very good.
We lack poise with the puck when they pressure us, and then we seem to panic a lot getting back in transition. Mika/Kreider really didn't work in this one
We got squeezed

Reactions: mike14

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
Does anyone else hate every single post game from Mika? I don't know the guy personally but I have a feeling if I did I wouldn't even try to be friends with him. He has the energy of a turtle.
Yes...They need to stop interviewing him.

He's probably a good guy but he needs time to think about what he wants to say and that doesn't come off well in front of a camera.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
What did you all think of
Panarin-Zib-Kreider
Cuylle-Trocheck-Laf
Smith-Chytil-Kakko?
Good to see Lav is willing to try something else but I probably would have stuck with the normal lines. Maybe double shift Tro or Chytil and sit Zib. Zib stunk. Cuylle-Trochek-Laf is the toughest line on paper but they did not show the support and chemistry on the cycle you'd hope for with max-grit sandpaper.

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
@will1066 Bayside is one of the last towns in Queens. So it's not Long Island but you can ride your bike or go for a long walk to Great Neck from it.
I guess I'm in the minority in that I consider Queens and Brooklyn part of Long Island even though they're part of NYC.

It's been ~20 years since I moved away but grew up on eastern LI.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
whats the vibe at MSG with regards to Mikas play?
Nobody cares yet.

The craziest thing to me is when Lavy scrambles the lines when we are losing in the third period, and it’s guaranteed that Mika and Kreider stay together.

Why are Mika and Kreider attached at the hip? Are they the coaches of this team? It’s well known that nobody can play with those two — not even Panarin! I would bump Chytil to the first line with Kreider and Smith and slide Mika down with Cuylle and Kakko.

This team is very good but they are not a serious contender. Same as last season, same as all summer.
They are the best ditzy team in the league but when there’s no space, they refuse to adapt and play the greasy game.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, the Rangers looked like the hockey version of the Giants/Jets in the second and third period tonight. Us that are football/hockey fans exclusively can't catch a break. If Daniel Jones played hockey, it would look like that. Completely f***ing inept.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Didn’t watch the third, but as soon as Joe and Sam were talking about the drubbing the Panthers were getting against Minny this week, I knew this game would be a loss. No way Maurice would allow back to back Ls after contract extension day.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Remember last year when they were shut down by the Preds early on in the season and didn't show up. This game did not feel like they that. That game felt like a no show. What's bothering me about this game is it feels like we just aren't good enough.
That’s because we aren’t. In a best of seven, I don’t see us beating Florida, Edmonton or Dallas. And if not for Igor, really, you have to wonder if the Leafs game would have been a win. We’ve largely played very well offensively but have been incredibly lucky defensively and deeply reliant on our goalie.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
What did you all think of
Panarin-Zib-Kreider
Cuylle-Trocheck-Laf
Smith-Chytil-Kakko?
Good to see Lav is willing to try something else but I probably would have stuck with the normal lines. Maybe double shift Tro or Chytil and sit Zib. Zib stunk. Cuylle-Trochek-Laf is the toughest line on paper but they did not show the support and chemistry on the cycle you'd hope for with max-grit sandpaper.

10-16-13
20-72-24
50-93-91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad