Controversial No Goal in Avs/Stars OT

Do you think it should have been

• Goal

• No Goal

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
I can just about see why it was waved off, but if you compare it to Bennett, Coyle and Swayman it feels kinda mad.
The same case actually - it is not clear at normal speed, but very clear at slow mo.

If you watch that goal frame by frame - the goalie was impaired after the goal (which you would not see if you watch it at normal speed). And since it happened after the goal, then there is no goalie interference at all. It was a good goal.

In both cases NHL video refs made correct decisions.

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Worst call of the playoffs

Any contact would have been directly the result of the Av bumping the Star

Dare I be that Oiler fan bringing up Kesler swimming on Talbot in 2017 for a good goal?

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
The problem with there being some argument that this is goalie interference by the letter of the law is that: (1) there is a better argument that it is not and (2) this type of play is almost never called goalie interference.

There needs to be consistency with these type of calls and if the referee makes a questionable call on the ice, Toronto shouldn’t have to need overwhelming evidence to overturn it. The situation room needs to be able to make calls de novo so that a bad on ice call doesn’t tilt the decision making.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Worst call of the playoffs

Any contact would have been directly the result of the Av bumping the Star

Dare I be that Oiler fan bringing up Kesler swimming on Talbot in 2017 for a good goal?
That's actually crazy to think that was the same league and not light years apart either. Given how confusing this is, who knows what they'd call? It's arbitrary bullshit.

Reactions: Mr Positive

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
In my opinion, that's a goal.

However, I've seen those overturned several times now. In a strange way, I think they're actually becoming more consistent about calling GI, except in a bad way.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
This does somewhat fall into the lens that the league is biased towards ties. They don't want a series to be decided as a direct result of them taking a goal away or allowing one. The fact is that although Dallas was screwed here, they still could win, and even if they didn't they would have a tie in the series and could win in Dallas. For Colorado, everything depended on the outcome of the review

Reffing and reviews in this league are so freaking subjective. There is no standard. The most we can hope for is that all the competing biases even each other out

Last edited:
Reactions: Seattle Totems

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
That’s at least 2 goals Toronto has looked at and failed to get the call correct.

Pretty bad look on the league. Gotta think there will be some changes coming.
Can’t have this happen in the playoffs

Reactions: stampedingviking

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
New news just in. Goalie crease lines to accurately reflect on-ice calls next season.
crease.jpg

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
Refs pandering to avs, what’s new?
NHL revenue analysis department at the league and TV stations shitting bricks.

No more massive hyping up Leafs, no Habs, McDavid probably done, no Crosby, no Ovechkin, no MacKinnon.

Vancouver isnt a big draw. And all their best players arent even Canadian too. And neither are Florida or Dallas big draws. No TV station is going to hype up EP is from Sundsvall Sweden or JT Miller is from Ohio like good 'ol gravy train Crosby from Cole Harbour NS for the millionth time trying to hype up the patriotism.

Hitting revenue targets dependent on how many NYR fans watch coverage and buy merchandise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seattle Totems

Nyr88nyg

Oct 31, 2016
NHL is so f***ing lucky that Dallas still won. Sweet little baby Jesus was that a horrendous review

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad