OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, movies, books, games) part VI - use spoiler tags!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Anyone watching the Chimp Crazy documentary? It's absolutely wild. Final episode airs on Sunday night.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I don’t have Apple TV, but this is one of the shows making me consider it. (For all Mankind is the other).
AppleTV actually has a lot of strong shows, imo. To add to these 2 there are:

Silo
Severance
Foundation
Ted Lasso
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Mythic Quest
The Afterparty

There are more that I found “ok” but I’m pretty willing to vouch for all of these as a fun time. I do enjoy For All Mankind, even if it’s a little pulpy at times. The Afterparty is probably my favorite, for me it’s lots of laughs.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
AppleTV actually has a lot of strong shows, imo. To add to these 2 there are:

Silo
Severance
Foundation
Ted Lasso
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Mythic Quest
The Afterparty

There are more that I found “ok” but I’m pretty willing to vouch for all of these as a fun time. I do enjoy For All Mankind, even if it’s a little pulpy at times. The Afterparty is probably my favorite, for me it’s lots of laughs.

I'm a bit Apple TV fan too, M Nights Servant was fantastic and a must watch to me if you like horror. It wrapped up really well too.

Reactions: Devils731

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Nothing about the Ads has gotten me to watch it. Why do you like it?

One of my favorite podcasts was raving about it so I gave it a shot and it’s great! A group of Mi5 agents who are all screw ups get put in one office together and as much as the main office wants nothing to do with them, they keep getting dragged into cases. Gary Oldman is fun as the leader with a flatulence problem.

I haven’t started Bad Monkey but it’s next. I might wait until all episodes are up.
I don’t have Apple TV, but this is one of the shows making me consider it. (For all Mankind is the other).
Big fan of FAM. If you’re an Apple/iPhone user, should be able to get a 30 or 90 day trial depending on your device I think. I get my subscription for free through T-Mobile.

Like @Devils731 said, they have a good amount of great shows. Unlike Netflix that spends a lot of money on crap, Apple puts out less content but overall better quality.

Some of my favs:
Slow Horses
Trying
Acapulco
Loot
Severance
For All Mankind
Ted Lasso
Mythic Quest
Monarch

They also have some great documentaries like The Beastie Boys, Michael J. Fox’s Still, Steve Martin’s doc to name a few.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad