Player Discussion Conor Timmins

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Better than Liljegren so far. I feel like he's more confident this season, and I like how he handles the puck and seems to clear the zone when the opportunity arises.

Utah just lost 2 defencemen long-term. Liljegren should be a member of UHC by the end of the week.

Probably but if flourishes it's gonna be a gong show around here.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
His problem was never his ability, it was his health. Always getting injured long-term ruins your consistency and ability to develop that consistency. When he's on, he brings a good skillset of skating and some passing to the back-end.

The one thing he has to cut out are his bad penalties though. He has too many lazy/bad penalties.

Reactions: ACC1224

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
His problem was never his ability, it was his health. Always getting injured long-term ruins your consistency and ability to develop that consistency. When he's on, he brings a good skillset of skating and some passing to the back-end.

The one thing he has to cut out are his bad penalties though. He has too many lazy/bad penalties.
His has very slow boots so not sure what skating you are talking about. His penaties are because of his skating. His passing is elite though and he is long. If and its a big if he starts to use his length correctly then he is a good 6-7. To be honest I think Myers is a better defensman right now than Timmins is. Judst needs some playing time.

Reactions: arso40

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
His has very slow boots so not sure what skating you are talking about. His penaties are because of his skating. His passing is elite though and he is long. If and its a big if he starts to use his length correctly then he is a good 6-7. To be honest I think Myers is a better defensman right now than Timmins is. Judst needs some playing time.
He’s a better defender for sure but lilys a better Defenceman than both

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

He's not blazing fast but he has good agility and definitely moves pretty well so I guess we'll have to disagree there.

Myers might be better but he's had plenty of shots before and couldn't keep a spot. Maybe that changed. It's a long shot to me.

Reactions: DarkKnight

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Why is he not being played though. The real reason.
Because he stunk when he played, we were out shot 23-3 when he was on the ice. Obviously they want to play him to increase his trade value, but he's done nothing to get a spot. Look at how McMann responded to being in the press box. Lil is mentally weak, that's his problem and I don't know why we can't accept that, "skill" is a starting point.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
He's not blazing fast but he has good agility and definitely moves pretty well so I guess we'll have to disagree there.
We will have to agree to disagree big time on that. He has limited agility and moves like I did at his age. I am not saying I dislike him as a 6/7th dman but I need to see more snarl out of him on a game by game basis and a true understanding of his length and it's advantages before I will say he is even equal to liljergren on his ability to be a better 6/7 deman

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
We will have to agree to disagree big time on that. He has limited agility and moves like I did at his age. I am not saying I dislike him as a 6/7th dman but I need to see more snarl out of him on a game by game basis and a true understanding of his length and it's advantages before I will say he is even equal to liljergren on his ability to be a better 6/7 deman
He moves fine, his issue is physicality.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
He is below average in both mobilty and speed. Add in him often receiving contact instead of intiating contact and that is is a problem. I would like Timmins much more if he intiated contact much more.
I don't think he is below average at all. Agree last sentence.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
I don't think he is below average at all. Agree last sentence.
We can argue about this all day but if he was at least average on his skating there would be no debate about him being able to be on a 3rd line people would be arguing about him being a top 4 dman. I was literally Timmins in my playing career but I would intiate contact. I played from top line to bottom line depending on how much my coach could tolerate my slow boots or me being left handed and mean as a snake. Timmins has slow boots both in acceleration and skating. This is his biggest hold back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad