Post-Game Talk: Connoredemption!

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I found it really weird that Oettinger stared down McDavid after the first one. You take the save and move on.

McDavid is the Michael Jordan type. He's just going to get more motivated and focused if you do something like that.
I was just thinking this. What an MJ “and I took that personally” moment.

Staring down the best player in the world in any sport is just not a good idea.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I’m an Oilers fan first and foremost, just can’t stand when fellow Oilers fans bring up the Makar play to this day. It was clearly the right call.
giphy.gif

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
He can play the same game with Kane and Holloway, it's as though he and McDavid are consistently playing shorthanded out there when Hyman has the puck. I don't denounce his goal scoring ability or effort/grit/nose for the net. Put a guy who can distribute the puck up there instead and watch our 5 on 5 offence skyrocket.

:laugh:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He can play the same game with Kane and Holloway, it's as though he and McDavid are consistently playing shorthanded out there when Hyman has the puck. I don't denounce his goal scoring ability or effort/grit/nose for the net. Put a guy who can distribute the puck up there instead and watch our 5 on 5 offence skyrocket.
That you Broberg Soeed?

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Not sure about anyone else but I feel much more confident w/ Knoblauch as our coach in the playoffs than I ever had w/ Woodcroft.
This team is night and day in its own zone since Knoblach took over from Woodcroft. They are so much better coached now. The hockey media went nuts when Woodcroft was fired and insisted he was an elite coach who didn’t deserve to be fired and would have his pick of where he wanted to go once jobs started opening up. Numerous jobs have opened up and been filled without Woodcroft being a contender for any of them. Knoblach has exposed him for the fraud he is. It wouldn’t surprise me if his next head coaching job is in Germany like that other fraud who used to coach here.

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
Other observation I had pretty late in the game: that was the first game in 2 rounds where the other team wasn't constantly starting shit after the whistle. Marchment was being a rat but that was it. I think the Stars will have a bit more of that next game, but maybe they're too scared about taking a penalty.
Might just be a rare team that isn't a bunch of shitbags :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad