Post-Game Talk: Connoredemption!

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The Oilers have been one of the best defensive teams in the league under Knoblauch, the uneducated posters who have their usual tired Oiler narratives all lined up no matter what refused to acknowledge that then we hear about how it doesn't matter because they shut down popgun offenses in the Kings and Canucks. Well? How about the "deepest team in the league"? Just 1 game so I don't want to go overboard but the Oilers largely stifled the Stars tonight, I honestly didn't expect that but maybe I (we) should have.
I think the image of our defence sucking is the negative highlights. When our D makes mistakes they aren’t tiny, they are like that Kulak fumble. Most of the time they are good but when they f*** up it’s real bad.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Its moments like this that makes you forget the late 90's.
90s is far away. Nobody remembers those games except as a historical footage. I saw the OIlers lose to Dallas 2:4 in 2003, in a practically futile effort, with Turco clearing every puck and Zubov and Modano killing the Oilers on the PP. But it was such a long time ago, there is no easy connection between that and the current series.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
He was basically a Staios type in his prime, maybe slightly better. No.3-4 guy. Nice player to have but not the difference maker like Ekholm.
This is the kind of analysis we see regarding Tanev: Tough D, rugged jaw....I've actually heard that kind of idiot statement, as if the facial characteristics and him looking tough (he isn't) means he's some sort of great D. he gets caught a fair amount, and he loses a fair amount of puck battles. For his size he should be Ekholm level dominant but not and never really was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad