Value of: Connor Murphy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Needs: Connor Murphy...:laugh:

No, but really we don't have any other true shutdown defenders here. I don't think moving him is a good idea.

Other needs are a young starting goalie, and 2 way wingers.

Would the Hawks do something to the tune of Johnsson and either Liljegren or Dermott for Murphy?

Or perhaps Johnsson, a pick swap of 1sts this year, and a lesser asset? It's tough to mix real players into pick-swap trades, but I don't think the Leafs would trade their 1st outright and AJ for Murphy.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Would the Hawks do something to the tune of Johnsson and either Liljegren or Dermott for Murphy?

Or perhaps Johnsson, a pick swap of 1sts this year, and a lesser asset? It's tough to mix real players into pick-swap trades, but I don't think the Leafs would trade their 1st outright and AJ for Murphy.

I think they'd have zero interest in Dermott as they have a ton of LD to choose from already.

Also don't see AJ being of interest. I know those are the 2 pieces that Leafs fans are willing to move, but not a good match with CHI.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
I think they'd have zero interest in Dermott as they have a ton of LD to choose from already.

Also don't see AJ being of interest. I know those are the 2 pieces that Leafs fans are willing to move, but not a good match with CHI.

Simply responding to the suggestion of a 2-way winger.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

No thanks to johnsson. Liljegren and dermott while solid don’t really do much in terms of moving Murphy.

My guess is the 15th pick but who knows

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
No thanks to johnsson. Liljegren and dermott while solid don’t really do much in terms of moving Murphy.

If Chicago is into collecting multiple 1st rounders this year, I'd imagine that the Leafs would trade 15th OA outright if it meant being able to keep Andreas Johnsson (or likely move him elsewhere and get a 2nd+)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
If Chicago is into collecting multiple 1st rounders this year, I'd imagine that the Leafs would trade 15th OA outright if it meant being able to keep Andreas Johnsson (or likely move him elsewhere and get a 2nd+)

Really all depends on what they have planned going forward.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Pens 1st round pick would be only thing that works for Hawks unless Leafs offered up a Mikheyev + Liljegren package but I doubt Leafs would move young RD like Liljegren nor Mikheyev especially when depth is already issue for Leafs

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Lol 15OA in this draft for a 3rd pairing dman making nearly 4mil?
with a flat cap and a pile of similar players available as UFA?

nah. leafs can go after a hamonic type and not give up 15OA in one of the best drafts in recent memory

Reactions: Morrison

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
If Hawks decide they won’t be competitive next year, I’d probably do 15 for Murphy. I think that’s really the only thing that makes sense.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I think something like Bennett/Dube and a 3rd for Murphy(500k retention) and a 6th/7th would be fair?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

nah. leafs can go after a hamonic type and not give up 15OA in one of the best drafts in recent memory

Who is this player you speak of?

Because Connor Murphy is far from a 3rd pairing defender and his cap hit of $3.85M is actually great cap hit for a top 4 RD

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011

It's certainly a great top-10.

Ledge And Dairy

Simply responding to the suggestion of a 2-way winger.
Andreas Johnsson is not a 2-way winger though, he was 3rd among Leafs forwards with at least 10 games played for offensive zone starts at 56.8%(only behind Matthews and Nylander).

In what world do 3rd pair defense average 22 minutes of ice time?

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Andreas Johnsson is not a 2-way winger though, he was 3rd among Leafs forwards with at least 10 games played for offensive zone starts at 56.8%(only behind Matthews and Nylander).

Toews is a career 58% OZS player; Hossa 57%; Datsyuk 55%; Bergeron's been at 60% the last 3 season. Not sure that's a very useful metric when trying to quantify a forward's two-way impact.

Ledge And Dairy

Toews is a career 58% OZS player; Hossa 57%; Datsyuk 55%; Bergeron's been at 60% the last 3 season. Not sure that's a very useful metric when trying to quantify a forward's two-way impact.
All of those players had prime powerplay minutes though and averaged ~20 minutes a night. AJ averaged about 15 minutes a night with ~2 min on the 2nd PP unit meaning about 13 minutes of even strength time. To me that kinda means his EV ice time was sheltered.

Ok how about his defensive points share of 0.6?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad