Value of: Connor Ingram to Los Angeles

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Prior to this season Ingram was putting up the numbers of an AHL/NHL tweener.

But in the last few months he's gotten red hot. He's hurting AZ in the Bedard Sweepstakes.

LA could really use a hot goaltender heading into the playoffs. Ingram is intriguing because of the low cap hit.

What would be the price to get him in LA?

Reactions: Seattle King

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Ingram is better than any goaltender in our organization. Has shown glimpses of brilliance. Was drafted by Yzerman and at one time was planned to be Vasilevsky's long term backup.
There are issues behind the scenes though. Player assistance. Was sold down the river by Yzerman for a 7th rounder to Nashville so something went down behind the scenes that precipitated a hasty exit.
Waived by NSH because they acquired Lankinen. Was hoping Blake would grab him for a 7th before he was waived but he seems slow at those kind of moves.
Shut out Tampa on 47 shots last week, the guy has a long memory and carries a grudge and I like that.
The cost of acquiring him is the key variable. I would give a 5th, maybe a 4th.

Crown Royal

Apr 3, 2010
Prior to this season Ingram was putting up the numbers of an AHL/NHL tweener.

But in the last few months he's gotten red hot. He's hurting AZ in the Bedard Sweepstakes.

LA could really use a hot goaltender heading into the playoffs. Ingram is intriguing because of the low cap hit.

What would be the price to get him in LA?
Your definition of a hot goaltender is Conner Ingram? I have no words for this.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Your definition of a hot goaltender is Conner Ingram? I have no words for this.
He's one of the hottest goalies in the league right now.

That's what the playoffs are all about. Getting hot at the right time.

No.

Get a legit starter or wait for Quick to retire in a few months. It's not like we're contending anyways.
You sure about that? Kings are 1 point out of 1st in the Western Conference. When they get replacement level goaltending this year they're one of the best teams in the league.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Honestly, depending on the price he's exactly the kind of guy I'd like in Ottawa if they ship out Talbot. Let's them keep one of the kids in the AHL and they give a decently talented player with pedigree some runway to show what he has as a 1A.

Not really sure of the incentive for the Coyotes if the rumours of Vejmelka being available are true, even if if he is playing " too well" for them right now.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Why would AZ deal Ingram? AZ isn't looking to change their goaltending mix unless it means a return they can't ignore. That means a first rounder. Ingram isn't worth that and i don't expect it to be offered. I also don't expect Ingram to be moved. Vejmelka? He at least has enough of a body of work to justify a return of something. But he's not being actively shopped.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
No.

Get a legit starter or wait for Quick to retire in a few months. It's not like we're contending anyways.
This is the driving force behind so many failed cultures in professional sports organizations.
Everyone should just take the rest of the year off and lets have Boston and Tampa play a best of 30 game series to determine the Cup, right? Nobody else has a chance.

Reactions: Kingjin and Lt Dan

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
That man is our tank commander, no way we trade him for what he's worth. Vejmelka is better and might actually fetch something. Ingram isn't worth anything, less than anything, no reason to trade him now. He's had 3-5 good games recently, but it means nothing. The whole team has been playing like crazy since Chychrun was scratched. It's definitely not sustainable and there's no reason to panic and trade him for nothing right now.

Reactions: Holy Slapshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad