Value of: Connor Garland

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
I dont want to trade Garland but 1 for 1 for Girard. Same size, near matching contracts. W vs D
Girard is not a fit on the Canucks. They need a RHD with some size and defensive responsibility, not a LD at that price to play behind 7+ million Hughes and OEL. We have Dermott and Rathbone plus Hunt etc, for the 3rd and 4th LD options. Need to spend the money elsewhere (RD partner for Hughes or OEL).

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Girard is not a fit on the Canucks. They need a RHD with some size and defensive responsibility, not a LD at that price to play behind 7+ million Hughes and OEL. We have Dermott and Rathbone plus Hunt etc, for the 3rd and 4th LD options. Need to spend the money elsewhere (RD partner for Hughes or OEL).
Girard shoots left but plays both sides. AVS fans can chime in with their thoughts and effectiveness in doing so.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Girard shoots left but plays both sides. AVS fans can chime in with their thoughts and effectiveness in doing so.
Girard is too much like Hughes 2.0 in my opinion. I think if traded Garland could be used to climb into the top 10. If PHI is serious about contending (which is what they claim at least) I could see 5OA + something for 15OA + Garland, giving VAN the opportunity to draft Nemec or Jiricek.

Now I am not sure where VAN management think they are in the contending process, because if the RHD is ready in 3/4 years, the Pettersson and Boeser bridges will be over…

The issue is that I don‘t see a top 4 RHD available for Garland anywhere in the league.

Last edited:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
In a vacuum, a deal around Garland for Carlo.

Would then require Bruins trade Debrusk elsewhere for an RD.

So probably not likely.

But Bruins definitely interested in Garland in the past.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
If JT Miller is not traded, Garland will get 2nd PP unit time again.
But I have no doubt in my mind he would be a 70+ Point player if he was on the 1st PP Unit.
Guy is very talented

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
To :edmonton

Connor Garland

To :nucks

Tyson Barrie
Jesse Puljujarvi
2022 1st Rounder

...just a thought here...who says no??...:dunno:
That may actually be a good proposal....I take it is lop sided in Vancouver's favor due to Oilers cap issues. If so I think both teams improve the best they can considering the salary cap.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
That may actually be a good proposal....I take it is lop sided in Vancouver's favor due to Oilers cap issues. If so I think both teams improve the best they can considering the salary cap.

...that's pretty much what I was going for...as a Habs fan, I have no dog in the fight, just thought it would make the most sense for both teams involved...:thumbu:

Reactions: CapsFrontOffice

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
In terms of value it’s fair. But Barrie doesn’t really fit Vancouver’s D which is already undersized with Hughes and now Rathbone. The team also doesn’t need a second PP quarterback as Hughes is already one of the better ones.
If Garland is traded it should be for a defensive D. Ideally a young Tanev who the team never managed to replace after they let him walk.
I just don’t see the fit here.

Last edited:
Reactions: CapsFrontOffice

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina

So probably not likely.

I like this idea and wonder if a framework of Garland and Myers for Carlo and Debrusk would work? Assuming there might need to be some tinkering but it feels like this would be a solid base to build around.

Vakarte

May 30, 2022
Really awesome 2nd liner Garland is. Can expect a big package for the guy and it might be worth it.

1656895640739.png

Reactions: Love and Canucks LB

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

So probably not likely.

We have Juulsen, Myers, Poolman and Woo as RHD, and Dermott and Burroughs who play right side. If an inclusion of a third pairing (or lower) RD helps things, by all means help yourself to Juulsen or Poolman or Dermott or Burroughs, or in the case of Myers, he would be available for a small add.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad