Value of: Connor Garland to Anaheim

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
I understand asking for the moon for players, but this is getting silly. McTavish?? really?? he was just the #3 player drafted this past draft. Lysell and a 1st would be a steal - even the suggestion of Comtois and a 1st seems like it would be at the high end of any deal.

Seems like people are frustrated by the Miller retained + a 2nd for Chytil or the Garland + for J. Boqvist and Kuokkanen offers so now the only acceptable trade for any player is a 1st and the teams best player under 23.

I like Garland, but he isn't getting elite players in return. At best you get a 1st and a prospect that might project to be a Garland in the future.

Last season's version of Comtois maybe...but something is off with him for a while now.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Last season's version of Comtois maybe...but something is off with him for a while now.

I think it's a combination of a bunch of things... last year, he played roller hockey before the season started and came into camp in game shape plus everything was bouncing his way. This season, he kind of got away from a lot of what went right plus bad bounces and injury/Covid kind of made it so he never really got on track. I think at the end of the day, he'll be something in between last year and this year (probably more points than last year, though, just not leading a team in goals/points). He should never be the team leader in points, but I think he'll end up being a good complimentary winger if he gets back to what he was doing right. His shooting % probably won't be as high as last year (though, a lot of those goals were really high percentage shots), but also not as bad as this year.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Would Garland for Hronek work?

Not saying either team should do it, just value.

Value may be there but not the type of D-man the Canucks would be after.

Curious as to why I see Hronek in trade proposals from Wings fans? From the outside, seems like he's been a steady contributor for you guys and is still only 24.

e/ I guess if he doesn't project to be someone that can be trusted on the 2nd pair then maybe the value isn't there lol.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Value may be there but not the type of D-man the Canucks would be after.

Curious as to why I see Hronek in trade proposals from Wings fans? From the outside, seems like he's been a steady contributor for you guys and is still only 24.

e/ I guess if he doesn't project to be someone that can be trusted on the 2nd pair then maybe the value isn't there lol.

Hronek is a good 2nd pairing defenseman. Around the same age as Garland.

Just thought the value might be correct, that's all.

Hronek is in Wings proposals because he has great value, and the Wings are rebuilding.

Doesn't hurt to see what's out there.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
True, but this had to be bumped from obscurity and no Ducks fans seem into it.

Not a bad offer, rumour had us sniffing around Boston for Lysell and a first as well, and I think that would be a better package if we're starting a sell off. Plus the implicit benefit of not having a cannonball playing for a divisional rival. I'm not seeing a ton of RHD prospects, so sticking with centers, the equivalent would be something around Zary, who I can imagine is highly valued. Am I barking up the wrong tree here?

I've no problem trading Zary. I would want the 1st to be conditional though depending on playoff performance.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
If Garland is traded it would be for a similarly valuable rostered defenseman. Don't think Alvin would move him for a prospects type deal he doesn't hold that value.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Presuming that Zegras (obviously), Drysdale and McTavish are off the table, how are Lundestrom and Steel when it comes to two-way upside? Probably looking for 3rd+ line C's, or right-side defenders (seems like Guhle/ Larsson/ Zellweger are all LD?)

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I've no problem trading Zary. I would want the 1st to be conditional though depending on playoff performance.

If it comes down to it, I supposed that could work. Would having the condition being on each of the draft picks be acceptable as well? Say a first the year Calgary makes it to the division semi finals?

Last edited:

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Presuming that Zegras (obviously), Drysdale and McTavish are off the table, how are Lundestrom and Steel when it comes to two-way upside? Probably looking for 3rd+ line C's, or right-side defenders (seems like Guhle/ Larsson/ Zellweger are all LD?)

You don't want Steel and you can't have Lundestrom. No one talks about Lundestrom because of Zegras, Drysdale, and Mactavish. He's going to have a very long career being a #2/3 center. Steel's time may be done in Anaheim fairly shortly for another prospect in a similar position.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
You don't want Steel and you can't have Lundestrom. No one talks about Lundestrom because of Zegras, Drysdale, and Mactavish. He's going to have a very long career being a #2/3 center. Steel's time may be done in Anaheim fairly shortly for another prospect in a similar position.

Wow, he must really be something if you wouldn't trade him for a 25-year-old, 50 point, gritty right/ left wing who's cost-controlled (signed for 4 more years at less than $5 million).

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Hronek is a good 2nd pairing defenseman. Around the same age as Garland.

Just thought the value might be correct, that's all.

Hronek is in Wings proposals because he has great value, and the Wings are rebuilding.

Doesn't hurt to see what's out there.

Wasn't coming at you, just curious.

Just that it's not like Hronek is that old, I imagine Larkin is sticking around and he's a year older (albeit a much more important player).

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
That pretty much takes any interest out of a deal with ducks then.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Wow, he must really be something if you wouldn't trade him for a 25-year-old, 50 point, gritty right/ left wing who's cost-controlled (signed for 4 more years at less than $5 million).

Would love Garland, he terrorized the Ducks, but watch Lundy play. At 25 he'll be a 50 point, gritty 2-way center who's cost-controlled in a more opportune time when the Ducks are looking to compete at a more important position especially given overall center weakness within the prospect pool.

That pretty much takes any interest out of a deal with ducks then.

Agreed. Ducks and Canucks don't really seem like good trading partners.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bettman Returnz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad