Conn Smythe Tournament (Post 2000's) Round 1: 2013 Kane vs 2018 Ovechkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which Conn Smythe Winner had the better performance?

• Total voters

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Voted for Kane as a recognition of a lifetime of Stanley Cup playoff excellence. How many players in NHL history can say they were excellent in 3 runs to the Cup?

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
There is not really an argument for Kane here.

Also, @blundluntman I was wondering how you were going to matchup the 2nd round given that there are 11 winners, so 5 potential matchups + 1 more guy left. Are you going to use the Conn-Smythe winner from this year? Even then, you’d still be left with 3 players in the end.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
There is not really an argument for Kane here.

Also, @blundluntman I was wondering how you were going to matchup the 2nd round given that there are 11 winners, so 5 potential matchups + 1 more guy left. Are you going to use the Conn-Smythe winner from this year? Even then, you’d still be left with 3 players in the end.
My plan was to follow the same formula as the Hart tournament and award a bye week to the smythe winner with the highest voting percentage from Round 1 (and 3). I'm not sure if Justin Willaims is the most deserving, but if I had people vote for the bye week, it'd basically be a premature vote for the winner of the tournament.

I'm considering picking the highest percentage out of the handful of remaining candidates most people think have a chance to win the tournament

Reactions: Nadal On Clay

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
My plan was to follow the same formula as the Hart tournament and award a bye week to the smythe winner with the highest voting percentage from Round 1 (and 3). I'm not sure if Justin Willaims is the most deserving, but if I had people vote for the bye week, it'd basically be a premature vote for the winner of the tournament.

I'm considering picking the highest percentage out of the handful of remaining candidates most people think have a chance to win the tournament
Gotcha. Thanks for doing these little tourneys !

Reactions: blundluntman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad