Concept Jersey / Name: Seattle Airmen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
I do get what posters are saying about current Seattle sports teams colour pattern and the smilarities to the Canucks. It hurts my eyes to watch Carolina play in Detroit. Montreal is red white and blue. Columbus is red white and blue. Washington is red white and blue. They make it work and it's distinct.

Seahawks vs Canucks
- Seahawks blue is darker and deeper
- Seahawks green is more neon.

Blue and gold are synonymous with StLouis Blues so it's not that unique.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
as far as colors go, it would have to be a green theme for them. Ive always been impressed how the city of seattle and pittsburgh, all of their teams match in colors. Pitt always seems to have black and gold (steelers, pirates, pens) and seattle has the seahawks, mariners, sounders in that green aqua blue hue and even the sonics a little bit before they moved were green. just my 2 cents

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
So you didn't read it then. Yup.

Dude, I read it. I just don't like the concept besides the name. I don't think it'd be that good of an idea to put a blue and green team three hours away from a blue and green team. Maybe if the majority of it was a dark green, with blue as the accent?

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Dude, I read it. I just don't like the concept besides the name. I don't think it'd be that good of an idea to put a blue and green team three hours away from a blue and green team. Maybe if the majority of it was a dark green, with blue as the accent?

On a note unrelated to the concept of the thread, just know that a Seattle team has like an 80% chance of being blue and green; pretty much all of the teams there have that scheme. It's kind of like Pittsburgh being yellow and black for everything.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB

I don't think it's that bad. It seemed that you thought the picture in the OP had Seahawks colours when it didn't. So in that regard bringing up colour schemes is not something I suggested at all initially. The original concept picture is copyright by the owner and I thought it unfair to alter it. I think he did good work. It's a canucks fantasy logo but I thought the design and the theme would work with Airmen. The colours in the picture were not changed from their original Canuck colours.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
On a note unrelated to the concept of the thread, just know that a Seattle team has like an 80% chance of being blue and green; pretty much all of the teams there have that scheme. It's kind of like Pittsburgh being yellow and black for everything.

I realize that, but it'll probably have to be different then Vancouver blue. Didn't Pittsburgh have to pay Boston when they went to Gold and black? I could be reimagining that though. Not saying they can't or won't go blue and green, but Vancouver might have a say in that.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
I realize that, but it'll probably have to be different then Vancouver blue. Didn't Pittsburgh have to pay Boston when they went to Gold and black? I could be reimagining that though. Not saying they can't or won't go blue and green, but Vancouver might have a say in that.

No doubt but there is also some major revenue at stake with such a close rivalry. I think Vancouver would be all over having an opponent live close. That's one travel destination that players can travel to and still sleep in their own beds after the game.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
The logo should be a fighter pilot flying an airplane. The name Airmen sounds better than any other proposed name. The only other possible name that could be as good is Rainiers (there is an AAA team with that name in the PCL).

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
I'm not sure if the P-51 mustang was exclusively manufactured in Washington but I believe the B17 Bomber was as well as the term Flying Fortress was thought up by a Seattle reporter at the time. Then I though that the Jets already have a plane logo. But if it was a logo of a WWII era plane that be very cool. Noire-esque even.

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
Your "decapitated" argument for a logo looking bad is wrong; unless you feel you dislike the above logos as well. Thanks for your input. The logo/concept picture I posted in the OP was an idea to play off of. Obvious it was designed by a Canucks fan for the Canucks SEVEN years ago but the aviator logo was on my mind with the idea for Seattle Airmen. Thanks again for your constructive criticism.

Just the Canuckesque aviator one in particular.

Youre quite welcome, Im glad my input was useful ;)

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
Replace PITTSBURGH with SEATTLE and either replace Aviators with Airmen or maybe Seattle Aviators?

tph-aviator-logo-desktop.png

Of course change the colour scheme too.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Replace PITTSBURGH with SEATTLE and either replace Aviators with Airmen or maybe Seattle Aviators?

tph-aviator-logo-desktop.png

Of course change the colour scheme too.

I actually prefer the Aviators name to Airmen. Airmen is too military, but there is a strong Naval, Army, and Air Force presence just outside of Seattle. So I guess it's not bad. I do know that Boeing should be an immediate sponsor if they go with an aeronautical theme.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad