Value of: Comtois to the Pens

Knives and Tulips

Aug 1, 2019
Maxime Comtois has been pretty bad for the Ducks past two years. Was wondering if maybe management is ready to move on.

What would be wanted from Pittsburgh for him? Any interest in Granlund?

Hextall seems on the way out, so new GM won't have any ties to Hextalls mistakes

• Haha
Reactions: McJedi

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Maxime Comtois has been pretty bad for the Ducks past two years. Was wondering if maybe management is ready to move on.

What would be wanted from Pittsburgh for him? Any interest in Granlund?

Hextall seems on the way out, so new GM won't have any ties to Hextalls mistakes
He will be a UFA, after not getting qualified... so, make his agent an offer on July 1st.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I'm not sure if this is really a sincere Comtois acquisition thread, or a Granlund dump proposal gussied up as a 'Value of' thread, but I don't think the Pens are getting rid of Granlund's contract - and the two years remaining - that easily.

I think they're going to have to figure out how to get the most out of him (a scoring-line winger role would be a good start.) The hole created by the end of Zucker's contract might just create that opportunity.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
A guy I've wanted the Pens to try and acquire for like 2 years now. If he really isnt going to be qualified, I would love to sign him to try and rebuild a bottom six. Especially with his size.

Lol at offering up Granlund. Only way Granlund is going out is for a fellow cap dump in a "change of scenery" deal. Other than that, Pens are best sitting on him.

The best thing he ever did here: likely get Hextall fired.

Last edited:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I would highly encourage the Pens to sign him if he's an UFA come July 1st.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I feel like if Hextall was really interested in a guy like Comtois (and he probably should've been), he would've made it part of that deal unloading McGinn.

Presuming a new GM and a cleared house...maybe that's a guy they look at more closely. He'd be exactly the sort of upside proposition and player profile the Penguins need more of. But it's not clear if the new guy will recognize that either.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Comtois would be well served to sign a one year deal, for a team where he can play shotgun to some top offensive players, to rebuild his value. I think he has the tools to succeed, but he hasn't broken 20 points the last two years, so I don't see why he would sign for any real term.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Speculation is Verbeek won’t give Comtois a Q offer.

However if he does get the Q offer, he is likely available in trade for a 22-25 year old player that also needs a change of scenery.

No interest in 31 year old Granlund and his $5 mil a season contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad