Commentators/analysts

tanti9

Dec 18, 2023
Who are your favorite hockey commentators or analysts? I (Canucks fan) really enjoy Shorthouse and think Ferraro is much better than Tomlinson. I am also curious if Sportsnet will have Gadzic involved in any Canucks games after last years comments/controversy. I believe he still did not apologize and Canuck fans can be, for a better word "passionate" lol. Gadzic needs a thicker skin if he is going to succeed in his current role. I think it adds another element into the Canucks/Oilers rivalry.

Cheers

bov

Nov 13, 2010
The only ones who need thick skin are the people still whining about Luke Gazdic. He called out a bunch of lowlifes talking trash on the internet and chirped the Canucks in the process, cry me a river.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
I don't know who the guy was on ESPN for the Utah/Chicago game last night but he seems to really shout out the goals a little too much for my tastes.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Who are your favorite hockey commentators or analysts? I (Canucks fan) really enjoy Shorthouse and think Ferraro is much better than Tomlinson. I am also curious if Sportsnet will have Gadzic involved in any Canucks games after last years comments/controversy. I believe he still did not apologize and Canuck fans can be, for a better word "passionate" lol. Gadzic needs a thicker skin if he is going to succeed in his current role. I think it adds another element into the Canucks/Oilers rivalry.

Cheers

Gazdic was completely and totally right in his bashing of the soft-headed muppet Canuck Twitter trolls. If Gazdic needs to get thicker skin when he gets the abuse he got from Canucks fans, they need thicker skin as well. Funny how those trolls will hurl insults and threats at someone, but the second he fires back at them, they're all shocked and appalled and play the victim screaming "how dare he!"

Nobody needs to take that kind of abuse from anyone, and good on him for firing back at those idiots.

Passionate is not the word anybody outside of Vancouver would use to describe "those" Canuck fans.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I used to like Chris Cuthbert a lot, but they keep force feeding him to Leafs broadcasts national or regional. Like F off. And his sidekick is grating to listen to.

But to answer this question: Bob Cole and Harry Neale were a legendary combo. Nothing beats them.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Pierre Houde and Marc Denis have been the best at their craft and it's not even close. Hands down the best duo we've had in my lifetime.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
My all-time "Mount Rushmore" of play-by-play guys is Peter Maher, Chris Cuthbert, Don Wittman and Doc Emrick.
Loved Don Wittman. He did great work towards the end of his career with John Davidson.

Before taking the front office job with the Sens, I thought Dave Poulin did really good work as an analyst for TSN. He did regional broadcasts for Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal. Was always articulate, unbiased, and provided good insight.

tanti9

Dec 18, 2023
Gazdic was completely and totally right in his bashing of the soft-headed muppet Canuck Twitter trolls. If Gazdic needs to get thicker skin when he gets the abuse he got from Canucks fans, they need thicker skin as well. Funny how those trolls will hurl insults and threats at someone, but the second he fires back at them, they're all shocked and appalled and play the victim screaming "how dare he!"

Nobody needs to take that kind of abuse from anyone, and good on him for firing back at those idiots.

Passionate is not the word anybody outside of Vancouver would use to describe "those" Canuck fans.
He is on a National platform and has a voice heard that twitter fans do not have. It was not surprising to see him in a limited role after his comments. If he did not learn from his tirade and the outcome of his actions then his broadcasting career will be as short as his NHL playing career. Facts only!!! lol

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
He is on a National platform and has a voice heard that twitter fans do not have. It was not surprising to see him in a limited role after his comments. If he did not learn from his tirade and the outcome of his actions then his broadcasting career will be as short as his NHL playing career. Facts only!!! lol
So there should be no repercussions for people acting like jackasses while they hide behind their keyboard, but because Gazdic is on TV he shouldn't be allowed to defend himself? That's flat out stupid.

He called out an entire fanbase for acting like idiots, on a LOCAL OILERS PODCAST. he said nothing on the national broadcast about it, but the Canuck trolls latched onto it because, well, they all suck and they can dish it out but cry like entitled babies when someone dishes it back.

Good on Luke, he earned a lot of respect from other fanbases with that.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Mike Johnson has been great with Gord Miller on TSN. It's a shame Sportsnet has the vast majority of Leafs games.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I’m waiting for Butch Goring to step down so we can have a Brendan Burke and Thomas Hickey duo. If that happens, I really don’t think anyone can beat that league wide.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad