Commentators/analysts

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The late Red Fisher was great, and powerful enough to execute change.
Locally, Wayne Scanlan had a mix of intelligence, thoughtfulness and humour that elevated him far above company man status.
In Toronto, probably Jonas Siegel is one of the better ones. The Sun boys and TSN1050 boys are all dreck, mostly. I mean TSN1050 hired a dude off the street with no experience (several, actually) and gave him a job. Yeah, I'm looking at you "Al's Brother", please find other work so I never have to hear or see you again.

Yeah, he's terrible.

I still have no idea who "Al" is, but his brother is not talented. At all. :laugh:

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
He is on a National platform and has a voice heard that twitter fans do not have. It was not surprising to see him in a limited role after his comments. If he did not learn from his tirade and the outcome of his actions then his broadcasting career will be as short as his NHL playing career. Facts only!!! lol
So is Biz but he went off a lot more than others. He went nuts on Stars #BANG guy and I loved it but if you had any problem with Gazdic you should have a much bigger problem with Biz, and I do not.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Dave Goucher is a gem.

Not the point of the thread but the Ducks had Emerson Etem doing radio, rookie tourney, and preseason and he legitimately might be the worst broadcaster I've ever heard.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Loved Don Wittman. He did great work towards the end of his career with John Davidson.

Before taking the front office job with the Sens, I thought Dave Poulin did really good work as an analyst for TSN. He did regional broadcasts for Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal. Was always articulate, unbiased, and provided good insight.
I thought Poulin's insight about the game in general was generally solid but especially towards the end of his time with TSN it just seemed evident that he wasn't keeping up with the game. There were more than a few times I'd hear him say something that would have been a good take like 3 years prior

Ferraro is the man, I think Mike Johnson does a good job too but he comes off pretty arrogant at times

I think it's a management thing. They all can't independently be so terrible.

It's like the guy running the twitter account is in charge of writing their cue cards.
I agree with this, the entire tone and direction of their product just always feels so forced. Right down to the highlights presentation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad