GDT: Columbus @ Nashville | 8 PM EST

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Fine loss. Oh well. I am confused as to why Severson would be on the ice there instead of Provorov. When I saw he was out there I thought “that’s game”. That turned out to be correct. Haha

On the bright side, that was Fantilli’s best game of the season by far, and obviously it’s not even close. It’s nice to be reminded what he’s capable of, because he was pretty awful in a few games and it had me mildly concerned.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
Hopefully Evason understands Severson is a trainwreck after this game. He's a giveaway and mistake prone defender and can't be trusted.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Fine loss. Oh well. I am confused as to why Severson would be on the ice there instead of Provorov. When I saw he was out there I thought “that’s game”. That turned out to be correct. Haha

On the bright side, that was Fantilli’s best game of the season by far, and obviously it’s not even close. It’s nice to be reminded what he’s capable of, because he was pretty awful in a few games and it had me mildly concerned.
I think its easy to forget how long it was since Fantilli was in game action and his linemates due to injuries aren't the most ideal. Hopefully when Voronkov gets back we get to see him with Fantilli and Chinakhov.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I think its easy to forget how long it was since Fantilli was in game action and his linemates due to injuries aren't the most ideal. Hopefully when Voronkov gets back we get to see him with Fantilli and Chinakhov.
Agreed. However, Fantilli was struggling independently as well. He’s had a very difficult time handling and carrying the puck to start the year. Weird that on a night where the puck was pretty bouncy that that issue totally disappeared for him. Hopefully it’s a sign that he’s hitting his groove.

Also, final goal notwithstanding, he is so much better defensively this season. I’m guessing that was a point of emphasis for his offseason, and I’m sure that the Evason system plays a role there as well, but it’s nice to see nonetheless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad