Columbus and New Jersey avoiding Pittsburgh

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
I see the posts about resting players, but why didn't they pull the goalie? Clearly they weren't trying to win.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I see the posts about resting players, but why didn't they pull the goalie? Clearly they weren't trying to win.

I don't think the Devils even had the puck in the final two minutes of their game.

And it was a two goal lead without 4 out of the six players who would be out there in a 6-on-5 situation.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Honestly, did you watch the game? They didn't even get possession until there was like 50 seconds left, and they gave the puck right back to Washington. Plus they were down by 2 goals with little hope of coming back with no time left.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
No, it's a smart decision to rest your best player in a meaningless game if he needs or wants the rest.

Of course, HF knows better than the Devils coaches, medical staff, and players though.

Reactions: My3Sons

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
-Tampa game isnt over yet. But Tampa is in trouble without Stamkos. First report was day to day, now the knee is torn and might not even practice next week. Tampa is in big trouble.
????? Stamkos is fine. Don't make up random crap.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
:laugh:

I can't believe this forum. 30k posts and still this misinformed.

Down two goals with the Caps dominating play and possession in the final minutes?

Yeah real sorry the Devils didn't gift wrap #50 for Ovie.

What is misinformed? They tanked a game to duck Pittsburgh. Its that simple.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
The Devils and Jackets are gutless for their actions tonight. Hopefully it bites them both in the ass.

can you really blame the jackets though, last 2 times they made the playoffs they got knocked out by the Pens, not to mention getting swept this year by them also, they need to play someone else because Bob becomes a sieve against the pens.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Down two goals with the Caps dominating play and possession in the final minutes?

Yeah real sorry the Devils didn't gift wrap #50 for Ovie.[/QUOTE]

So you think they didn't pull the goalie just so Ovechkin couldn't get 50? Because it doesn't matter who was dominating, if you have a chance to win you go for it. The coach just gave up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
What is misinformed? They tanked a game to duck Pittsburgh. Its that simple.

They rested their best players in a meaningless game to prevent a nightmare scenario that would immediately decimate their chances in the playoffs.

Bruins, Lightning, Penguins.. what the f***s the difference to the Devils? They'll be underdogs in all the series. This way they're going in completely healthy and fresh.

Get a grip.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
So you think they didn't pull the goalie just so Ovechkin couldn't get 50? Because it doesn't matter who was dominating, if you have a chance to win you go for it. The coach just gave up?
Can you show me a time when a team pulled their goalie while the other team was dominating possession in their zone?

Reactions: glenwo2

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
-Tampa game isnt over yet. But Tampa is in trouble without Stamkos. First report was day to day, now the knee is torn and might not even practice next week. Tampa is in big trouble.

I think you fell for another fake McKenzie account...

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ

Unlike you, I was watching the game and saw the Capitals possess the puck for 90% of the final two minutes of the game while they were desperately trying to feed Ovie the puck.

Down two goals and getting dominated in their own zone - when exactly should they have pulled the goalie? Go ahead and watch it to develop an informed opinion and get back to me.

Go ahead and tell us all your coaching credentials, please, that would qualify you to talk with such certainty. I'm anxious to hear them.

Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Honestly, did you watch the game? They didn't even get possession until there was like 50 seconds left, and they gave the puck right back to Washington. Plus they were down by 2 goals with little hope of coming back with no time left.

No, but I watched the last three minutes where the Devils were down by two and had plenty of chances to pull the goalie. They didn't. That's a coach with intentions to not win. There's really no arguing against it.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They rested their best players in a meaningless game to prevent a nightmare scenario that would immediately decimate their chances in the playoffs.

Bruins, Lightning, Penguins.. what the ****s the difference to the Devils? They'll be underdogs in all the series. This way they're going in completely healthy and fresh.

Get a grip.

They would be plenty fresh. Playoffs start Wednesday. Thursday for some. Odds of injury miniscule. Not buying those excuses.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
No, it's a smart decision to rest your best player in a meaningless game if he needs or wants the rest.

Of course, HF knows better than the Devils coaches, medical staff, and players though.

Or the fact that the Devils have basically been playing playoff hockey for the past month. Every game was basically "must win"

Reactions: Blender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad