Value of: Colorado Players (Rantanen, Colton, etc.)

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Colorado has come to a point where they need to seriously consider a re-tool. The Avs have two of the best players in the world, but have an aging roster that looks to get more expensive in the near future.

What would other teams offer for any of the following players:

- Rantanen(27), 1x$9.25m (assume extension is part of a trade)
- Colton(27), 3x$4m
- Wood(28), 5x$2.5 (please take him for free)
- Girard(26), 3x$5m

Players that could be had for an off-pay:
- Manson(32), 2x$4.5m
- Lehkonen(28), 3x$4.5m

The Avs would be focusing on ideally getting another 2C and young fast forwards.

• Haha
Reactions: Foppberg

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Rantanen with an extension should bring in a haul. I don't see why the Avs would trade Lehkonen.

I don't see Colton bringing in much other than capspace. Wood could be waived.
Girard i don't see having much value given his lack of size, lack of offense, high cap and other well documented alcohol abuse issues.

Avs need a qualified 1B goalie. Georgiev, while acquitting himself well in the playoffs, is still a question mark.

Avs should just buyout Nuke and be done with it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado has come to a point where they need to seriously consider a re-tool. The Avs have two of the best players in the world, but have an aging roster that looks to get more expensive in the near future.

- Colton(27), 3x$4m
- Girard(26), 3x$5m

- Manson(32), 2x$4.5m
- Lehkonen(28), 3x$4.5m

The Avs would be focusing on ideally getting another 2C and young fast forwards.
Wood + Colton
For
Jones + Lundestrom

What needs to be done, wood being more of a cap dump

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

- Colton(27), 3x$4m
- Girard(26), 3x$5m

- Manson(32), 2x$4.5m
- Lehkonen(28), 3x$4.5m

Screw It what would a rantanen trade look like(not willing to discuss Mintyukov or carlsson tho )

Is there a trade to be made without those 2

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I’m curious how you value Colton without Wood being attached to him?
Well why would he be available in first place?

I’d say 1st (20-30 range) or 2 2nds(could be b+ prospect/RFA that you might like)

I like him… I’d comfortably give up a 2nd + a prospect/1 of our rfas….

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Screw It what would a rantanen trade look like(not willing to discuss Mintyukov or carlsson tho )

Is there a trade to be made without those 2

Assuming Rantanen comes with a long term extension.

Colorado would definitely have interest in McTavish, Zegras, 3rd overall and Gauthier. The question is would the Ducks be willing to package two of those assets in a potential trade as an extremely strong base of a trade?

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Well why would he be available in first place?

I’d say 1st (20-30 range) or 2 2nds(could be b+ prospect/RFA that you might like)

I like him… I’d comfortably give up a 2nd + a prospect/1 of our rfas….

From my perspective, he’s a player I’d want to see what the market was like this year. He doesn’t play quite at the speed Colorado looks for and had a very pedestrian series against Dallas. If the Avs could land the right player or re-allocate the asset I wouldn’t be opposed to it. Although, he’d be a player I’d be fine with getting another shot next year.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
From my perspective, he’s a player I’d want to see what the market was like this year. He doesn’t play quite at the speed Colorado looks for and had a very pedestrian series against Dallas. If the Avs could land the right player or re-allocate the asset I wouldn’t be opposed to it. Although, he’d be a player I’d be fine with getting another shot next year.
That’s fair, seems like a solid player and a reasonable contract

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
1716049304661.png

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Assuming Rantanen comes with a long term extension.

Colorado would definitely have interest in McTavish, Zegras, 3rd overall and Gauthier. The question is would the Ducks be willing to package two of those assets in a potential trade as an extremely strong base of a trade?
That’s ball park where my head was at.

Figured something like
Zegras /terry
3rd overall
Clara
Lacombe

-2c for the future
-potential starter for future
-nhl dmen with top 4 upside that plays both sides
-3rd overall could be a lot of things but you could go for another center, a high potential dmen or a high potential winger if Demidov falls to 3

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Not sure everyone will agree on some of the op's post. 2C probably isn't a need with Mitts added. Defensive depth will be obliterated with G or Manson gone and would need replacements. And G was actually really good in the playoffs.

If there's interest in Rantanen and Colton, probably prioritize them this offseason. Free up the cap for Landy to return and infuse what's left of the cap space into the acquired players, trying to keep at least Trenin and adding some more defensive depth in free agency.

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022

Figured something like
Zegras /terry
3rd overall
Clara
Lacombe

-2c for the future
-3rd overall could be a lot of things but you could go for another center, a high potential dmen or a high potential winger if Demidov falls to 3
Zegras + Terry for Rantanen

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Doesn’t that kinda screw your cap situation…. Feel like the avs need to save some cap in a potential rantanen trade.

I mean I’d do that trade tho
I mean I’m willing to dump Girard as a cap dump to you guys too for a pick or two but it seems our guys love him for whatever reason

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Some and all of those pieces would be fantastic on a re-tooled Leafs team.

Rantanen in, Marner out.

Or Girard in as a PMD.

Or Colton and Wood as support guys.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta

Figured something like
Zegras /terry
3rd overall
Clara
Lacombe

-2c for the future

Is there a world where you would consider adding another big piece instead of Clara and Lacombe? Would you consider an insane trade of McT, Gauthier/Terry and 3rd overall?

From a cap perspective, the Avs likely would be able to take on Zegras and Terry, but I’m of the opinion they should try and keep Drouin and having three of those forwards might not be the best for Colorado in playoffs.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

- Colton(27), 3x$4m
- Girard(26), 3x$5m

- Manson(32), 2x$4.5m
- Lehkonen(28), 3x$4.5m

If you wanted to do a Rantanen for Marner swap with some pluses/minuses on each side, I am down.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Is there a world where you would consider adding another big piece instead of Clara and Lacombe? Would you consider an insane trade of McT, Gauthier/Terry and 3rd overall?

From a cap perspective, the Avs likely would be able to take on Zegras and Terry, but I’m of the opinion they should try and keep Drouin and having three of those forwards might not be the best for Colorado in playoffs.
Have we ever seen a player receive all of that in a trade?

Reactions: Crazy8oooo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad