Colorado Avalanche Training Camp Dates

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The Avs are gonna struggle in October until we get Lehky then Val back. We’ll get by without them, but we’re looking at 500 hockey at best in October. I guess you can consider 500 hockey getting by

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
The Avs are gonna struggle in October until we get Lehky then Val back. We’ll get by without them, but we’re looking at 500 hockey at best in October. I guess you can consider 500 hockey getting by

All I know is that I'm going to be unwavering in my fury towards 4giev and the bottom D pairing during this time. Probably Rantanen's lazy ass too.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Stienburg even being mentioned should cast a very bright light on how bad the call up situation is.
I'm not sure who to blame - exactly who is making the decisions - but it hasn't been good for a long time now.

The prospects you drafted are the guys you have so that's certainly one thing but the guys they added this summer - I mean, come on.

Megna is a sub-par NHLer and a decent AHLer. Why they'd want to bring him back after his first stint here is beyond me. He played this training camp like he knew he was going down to the AHL with a half decent chance he's going to play a handful of games in the NHL due to injury. Smart by him and his agent to sign for that reason - terrible signing by the Avs for that reason as well. Get a frikkin' guy who at least has a chance at the #4C spot instead of a guy that's already proven he doesn't.

Tynan, to me is the sort of player that could have some success in a top-9 role on a truly horrible team. I just don't see him as a 4th line player on ANY NHL team... At least his effort was there at camp. Again, we've been there-done that with this guy as well. He's not going to turn into a great 4th line/depth NHLer - that's just not who he is.

So probably both those guys were brought in for the Eagles and I get that but at the same time, maybe give a guy a chance that maybe could surprise you? Feels like management mailed it in early in the off-season...when you consider how crappy our depth is, we should have fringe guys wanting to sign here every summer.

Bo Groulx is on waivers right now and could probably be a lot better than a bunch of the guys we have right now. He was never going to beat Carrick as #4C who the NYR signed to a 3 year contract in the summer.

I heard some think that Vancouver might put Ahman on waivers as well. I like Ivan but I think he needs another year and I think PEB is going to have too much trouble keeping up once the real games start.

I'd like to see the Avs put in a claim off waivers if only to send a message that the crap that a lot of these shitters displayed in camp is not nearly good enough.

They told you f***ers at the start of training camp that they had spots available and guys like OO and Foudy don't even come close to grabbing a roster spot - these players are crap, get rid of them as soon as possible. Unfortunately they now have zero value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad