News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part VI

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Goddamn Golden Knights snagged Jamie Hersch so she's not hosting On the Fly on NHL Network anymore (though she'd been paring down that role for a while anyway). Sexist as it sounds I'd much rather see someone like her or Lauren G. on that show as opposed to someone like Bill Pidto.
Meanwhile, the Avs are going to hire a 19 year old unpaid media studies intern from an unaccredited college.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Meanwhile, the Avs are going to hire a 19 year old unpaid media studies intern from an unaccredited college.
That would be better than what they've done so far, which is literally nothing.

Meanwhile, Katie got a gig hosting something at the Hockey News, but from my understanding they got a nasty rep for shit pay, though that might just be for their "reporters."

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Or put Yan Stastny in a dress
curiosity-curious.gif

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
We're all gonna laugh when we find out the hangup all along has been the length of smoke breaks between various team meetings.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Season starts tomorrow, and still isn't available.
I feel bad. The first several days on a new platform used to be painful for me as a Game Center subscriber or whatever it was called. Center Ice, then Game Center, NHL.TV, and now ESPN+.

They all had massive bandwidth issues the first several days (Game Center's case taking months if not actually seasons to fix). I hope Stan's invested adequately for his entire subscriber base to be online at the exact same time (since they really only offer two things people are going to watch).

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I feel bad. The first several days on a new platform used to be painful for me as a Game Center subscriber or whatever it was called. Center Ice, then Game Center, NHL.TV, and now ESPN+.

They all had massive bandwidth issues the first several days (Game Center's case taking months if not actually seasons to fix). I hope Stan's invested adequately for his entire subscriber base to be online at the exact same time (since they really only offer two things people are going to watch).
Oh, I have no doubt it will crash immediately when it's bombarded by subscribers.

What sucks is the way I was watching the last few seasons is no longer available to me. IDK what I'm gonna do. I tried an online kitten this preseason, and it sucked. Kept freezing, and then wasn't available for several minutes. I can't do that all year. Can't afford to pay $70 a month for FUBO for one channel.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Oh, I have no doubt it will crash immediately when it's bombarded by subscribers.

What sucks is the way I was watching the last few seasons is no longer available to me. IDK what I'm gonna do. I tried an online kitten this preseason, and it sucked. Kept freezing, and then wasn't available for several minutes. I can't do that all year. Can't afford to pay $70 a month for FUBO for one channel.
I tried liking your post, but that didn't feel right.

We need a new emoticon for just, "I hear ya buddy". Or is that what this atrocity is supposed to convey.... :allears:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
On a semi related note, when we moved from the old board to this one a couple of years ago, for a very brief period of time, we had a bunch of additional reaction emojis. It was very useful...sucks that they quickly removed them.
mNerKGD.png
For what it is worth, I would whole heartedly vote for a return. Although, I believe those are each individually available, more or less, from the big emoticon list as: 😠 , 😟 , or 😢 when in the text editor, but it would be nice to have a few more options for the "Like" button.

Reactions: Balthazar

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm sorry guys. That website is from an alternate universe where the Mayans were right. The wayback machine cannot allow it to have any impact post 2012.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'm sorry guys. That website is from an alternate universe where the Mayans were right. The wayback machine cannot allow it to have any impact post 2012.
We are simply in a simulation where the Mayans are seeing what would potentially happen after 2012… and reinforcing that was the right year for the world to end.

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango

FWIW, I get about 90% of what I could conceivably want to watch on Fubo. I'm in Colorado (but my local news is in New Mexico.) I was amazed when I saw the list. NHL Network was an excellent surprise. Sadly, we do not get ESPN8 - The Ocho! Fubo, for me at least, is way way cheaper than Cable TV. Especially if you have kids and 3+ televisions running.

Then again, this does little for my Canadian and European brothers at HB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad