College Hockey College Free Agent talk II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
It sounds like they are prepared to consider Major Junior stipends as 'necessary expenses' given how relatively small they are. This could make things real interesting for player movement and decisions at that level and the Jr. A leagues.

Yeah, the $50 to $100 CHL teams pay their players bi-weekly is a lot of money!! And That's Canadian dollars or $37 to $74 American. I don't understand how the NCAA was ever concerned about that.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
The Covid 5th year is extremely popular with everyone involved, it should be made permanent
Curious as to your thoughts on this, but I have to think that the NHL might be all for CHL players in the NCAA. I know it's rare that we get a Poitras situation but what if he was able to go to the NCAA for a year or two.

Obviously scholarships would have to be there, but what if NHL teams could pay for it?

Reactions: HustleB

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Curious as to your thoughts on this, but I have to think that the NHL might be all for CHL players in the NCAA. I know it's rare that we get a Poitras situation but what if he was able to go to the NCAA for a year or two.

Obviously scholarships would have to be there, but what if NHL teams could pay for it?

I see mostly positives with letting CHL players in
especially if that player is partially bringing in his own built in scholarship from Major Junior.
Academics might be an issue with certain kids at a certain age but I think that will rectify itself over time
I listened to the new honcho at College Hockey Inc and their goal is still 70 plus NCAA teams,they're at 64 now and USHL/BCHL is close to being maxed out, I would think those CHL players would/could fill in the gaps nicely
The possibilities are endless

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The Covid 5th year is extremely popular with everyone involved, it should be made permanent

It sure wasn't popular with the kids who saw 20% of scholarships disappear. Hockey did make u for it this year by expanding from 18 to 26 scholarships. Definitely very late for all the kids who were impacted

in terms of hockey specifically, is the NHL going to change their contract rules for drafted players, and close the gaps between CHL and non CHL north American players?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
It sure wasn't popular with the kids who saw 20% of scholarships disappear. Hockey did make u for it this year by expanding from 18 to 26 scholarships. Definitely very late for all the kids who were impacted

in terms of hockey specifically, is the NHL going to change their contract rules for drafted players, and close the gaps between CHL and non CHL north American players?
It will be a massive overhaul if they do

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad