OT: College Football ‘24 - ‘25 Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Haha!

He’s a tool. He’s snuck off in the middle of the night and abandoned every team he’s ever coached. Can’t stand him.

Kelly has always been one of the most unlikeable people in the sport. He's done things a lot worse than leaving town in the middle of the night. He's an abusive A** .

How on earth was Florida State rated top 10 preseason. They are abysmal.

DJ Uiagalelei has to be one of the all time biggest waste of natural physical schools at this level.

Last edited:
Reactions: rfournier103

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
BOB gonna bring BC football back to relevance?

It's possible, the schedule is an absolute joke, so they should get to 8 wins without breaking a sweat.
As mentioned above FSU is a complete fraud, no defense, and an awful QB. GT pushed them all over the field last week as well.

The toughest game on the schedule is at Missouri in 2 weeks. The next toughest game might be at SMU in November. the ACC as a whole looks absolutely AWFUL this season although maybe Miami is for real (we'll see)

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Wow.

It was just one game, but Monday night’s season opener offered a glimpse into what Boston College football is hoping to become under new head coach Bill O’Brien.

The Eagles, 16½-point underdogs, played disciplined, gritty, and polished football, powering past No. 10 Florida State, 28-13, at Doak Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee, Fla.

“Everything we did this offseason, it led up to this,” BC quarterback Thomas Castellanos said. “This is what we prepared for. It all panned out.”

Two years removed from a 44-14 FSU thrashing on the same field, the teams reversed roles in this one. Boston College earned its first win over the Seminoles since 2017, and first season-opening victory over a ranked opponent since 1976.

“I’m very proud of these guys,” O’Brien said. “They were resilient tonight. To come down here against a team that, in their minds, I’m sure really had to have this win, that’s a heck of a statement for BC. But it’s just one win. It’s only one. We have to understand that.”

The Eagles pounded the hosts up front, running for 263 yards on 52 carries (5.1 average). They held the ball for just over 39 minutes of play, completely dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides, as FSU had only 21 yards rushing on 16 carries.

BC (1-0, 1-0 ACC) took control from the opening whistle, racking up 102 yards compared to just 4 for Florida State and possessing the ball for all but 51 seconds of the first quarter. The Eagles leaned on their veteran offensive line to total 69 rushing yards, while the Seminoles (0-2, 0-2 ACC) didn’t record a single yard on the ground.

“Boston College has to be known for its offensive line,” O’Brien said. “We have a great tradition of offensive linemen here, and hopefully these guys can keep that going. They started off on a good note tonight.”

The Seminoles never posed any sort of threat in the final frame, and BC salted the game away in the fourth to cement a signature road triumph.

“We have to be able to handle success as well as we’ve handled adversity tonight, handle it the same way,” O’Brien said. “We’re on the right track. That’s for sure.”

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I know the AP poll doesn't really matter, but it's kind of funny Georgia Tech essentially got more credit for beating FSU on a neutral field by a FG than BC did winning by two TDs on the road

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
UF still paying Mullen and FSU still paying Taggart. And both schools will have to buyout their current coaches very soon. Probably cost a combined $25M.
Norvell just went 13-1 last season

Clock definitely ticking on Napier though

BC wins next week and they’ll likely be ranked (essentially 27th right now)
They're playing Duquesne. I don't think they will get any bump from that.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
They're playing Duquesne. I don't think they will get any bump from that.

A few teams in front could lose, then again some teams behind could have wins against real teams and pass them .

Either way BC gets to put up or shut up on the 14th when they play Missouri. Win that game and you rocket into the top 15

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
A few teams in front could lose, then again some teams behind could have wins against real teams and pass them .

Either way BC gets to put up or shut up on the 14th when they play Missouri. Win that game and you rocket into the top 15
Missouri a different animal I think. They look legit after beating Ohio State last year and carrying it over into this season. I suspect that game will be near impossible for BC to win (Castellanos still limited as a passer).

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com

At Missouri will be a good test to see where BC is really at. Last seasons game against Mizzou was a good one.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Wow.

It was just one game, but Monday night’s season opener offered a glimpse into what Boston College football is hoping to become under new head coach Bill O’Brien.

The Eagles, 16½-point underdogs, played disciplined, gritty, and polished football, powering past No. 10 Florida State, 28-13, at Doak Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee, Fla.

“Everything we did this offseason, it led up to this,” BC quarterback Thomas Castellanos said. “This is what we prepared for. It all panned out.”

Two years removed from a 44-14 FSU thrashing on the same field, the teams reversed roles in this one. Boston College earned its first win over the Seminoles since 2017, and first season-opening victory over a ranked opponent since 1976.

“I’m very proud of these guys,” O’Brien said. “They were resilient tonight. To come down here against a team that, in their minds, I’m sure really had to have this win, that’s a heck of a statement for BC. But it’s just one win. It’s only one. We have to understand that.”

The Eagles pounded the hosts up front, running for 263 yards on 52 carries (5.1 average). They held the ball for just over 39 minutes of play, completely dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides, as FSU had only 21 yards rushing on 16 carries.

BC (1-0, 1-0 ACC) took control from the opening whistle, racking up 102 yards compared to just 4 for Florida State and possessing the ball for all but 51 seconds of the first quarter. The Eagles leaned on their veteran offensive line to total 69 rushing yards, while the Seminoles (0-2, 0-2 ACC) didn’t record a single yard on the ground.

“Boston College has to be known for its offensive line,” O’Brien said. “We have a great tradition of offensive linemen here, and hopefully these guys can keep that going. They started off on a good note tonight.”

The Seminoles never posed any sort of threat in the final frame, and BC salted the game away in the fourth to cement a signature road triumph.

“We have to be able to handle success as well as we’ve handled adversity tonight, handle it the same way,” O’Brien said. “We’re on the right track. That’s for sure.”
Wow first since '76? My Sr year in college! Remember that game, beat Texas at Alumni. Ray Clayborn and Earl Campbell I think were on Texas.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Glad OU run but the game was anything but enjoyable. Lots of bleary eyes around Norman this morning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad