Player Discussion Colin White - C/RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Don't care if White plays centre or wing, just want him to produce and be worth his salary.

He's 23 years old and has 4+ seasons left. Loads of time to show some growth and produce top 6 level production or work on establishing a solid bottom 6 game.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Don't care if White plays centre or wing, just want him to produce and be worth his salary.

He's 23 years old and has 4+ seasons left. Loads of time to show some growth and produce top 6 level production or work on establishing a solid bottom 6 game.

He’s 24 on Jan 30th - pretty close to the start of his peak.

Reactions: robsenz

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Mostly because this is the White thread and he’s blocking prospects I like more. Norris isn’t competing for 1C and I think he should be. Brown and Norris are both not competing for different spots. I also see references like Duc is worth $2 from the same people who said White is worth $5. Duc is a much better hockey player.

So White influences EM’s pocket book, Norris, Brown, Duclair etc.... or IMO anyway.

You know what I meant...obviously I was not referring to this thread, but about your posts in countless other threads.

Anyway, it does not matter, but I would like to see you direct me to some of these posts where anyone has said that Colin White is worth $5 million dollars?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
You know what I meant...obviously I was not referring to this thread, but about your posts in countless other threads.

Anyway, it does not matter, but I would like to see you direct me to some of these posts where anyone has said that Colin White is worth $5 million dollars?

Simple - go reread his contract thread - you will get 1000 posts about what a great deal it is (minus the ones erased or deleted by admins).

you will see me suggesting it’s an overpay and everyone telling me how wrong I am (minus the expletive deletions).

I get that people object to it ... but I’m not wrong. Think of all the posts that have babble about EM being cheap ? Melynk spends a decent amount propositional to our revenues. No one complains about that because it’s directionally in line fans view (of blaming someone else) . There are EM is cheap posts most days across many threads. In reality he spends about what he should and our “fan base” is one that provides modest revenues.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
White getting his game back and scoring 50 point pace could be a hell of a revelation for us, even if it ends up being in a trade package.

I remember watching him play college and WJC and I was thinking this guy has some really high IQ and some quick hands in close. In NHL he's struggled a lot holding onto the puck for any significant amount of time, hopefully it's not indicative of his true ability.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I am hoping White makes a positive contribution to helping the team win.. He was never a dangler .. he relied on his hockey IQ for positioning, his athleticism and his work ethic. He was never targeted by anyone to be a #1C and should never have been thrust into that role last year. The money .. really isn't his fault.. If someone offered you 5 million bucks to make asinine comments about White... I'm sure of 2 things.. First you'd take it and second pretty much everyone would say you're not worth it. White has been well liked and put in top 6 roles for his entire hockey life.. could be he's reached the end of the road.. it could be he's still developing and it could be to really make him shine he needs to play with better players to be a complimentary player that adds to the the whole being better than the sum of the parts.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I like him skating with Paul and Watson today as a potential 3-4 line. Also gives him a chance to play up if he deserves it.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

Bodes very well for White to take the initiative - he learned from his tough experience last year when he simply wasn't ready to take 1st line assignments. He was by default because the #1C position last occupied by Spetzky hasn't been filled yet. Turris, Zibby, et. al were tweeners and not really 1C calibre at their time as Senators.

I don't see him being a 1st line NHL centre at his peak, but he can very effectively contribute and live up to his current contract terms by being a responsible 2-way player, whether as a centre or a winger. Ideally, he becomes someone between Kadri (ceiling) and Pageau (floor) as a centre. With his added size and weight, he is part of the toughest roster in the North division (and arguably the entire league), so there should be no lack of confidence for him to start the season. Should be able to play up and down the line-up, line 1 to line 4 given the Sens outrageous depth at C (albeit still missing a #1C, maybe Stuetzle's it).

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

upload_2021-1-5_16-46-24.png

Look at those guns

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Good to see that White has gained some much needed muscle, something we have been saying for a while he needed to do. It will be interesting as to where he ends up in the lineup but I think he ends up in the top six, it's between him & Tierney as to who plays 2nd or 3rd line. I think both Galchenyuk & Paquette play LW to start the yr.

Tkachuk - Stepan - Dodonov
Paquette - White - C. Brown
Galchenyuk - Tierney - Batherson
Paul - Anisimov - Watson/L. Brown/Steutzle (6 games)

Chabot - Gudbranson
Wolanin - Zaitsev
Coburn - J. Brown/Reilly

Murray - Hogberg

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Would be awesome if whitey can grab one of those top 2 C spots.

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
White being this rag tag, barely an NHLer, sentiment here was always strange in my opinion.

Here’s hoping his training helps him become a steady 40-50 point guy for us.
what do you see him as? I am not asking in the big picture of is he an NHL'r or not. But in the more defined. Is he a #1, #2, a #3 (I am declaring that a checking forward with some offensive ability), a #4 ( a banger and a crasher but limited skill). Something else??

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
what do you see him as? I am not asking in the big picture of is he an NHL'r or not. But in the more defined. Is he a #1, #2, a #3 (I am declaring that a checking forward with some offensive ability), a #4 ( a banger and a crasher but limited skill). Something else??
Complimentary winger/Center in the top 6 or 3rd line 2-way center.

Can build a line around him in the 3rd line spot, can fill in an offensive line in the top 6 with him.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
He's been hitting a heavy bag covered in Sweatred posts since the season ended.
Please.. let's not give credit or encouragement for more...

White was injured, that is the majority of the story - I bet he looks like a completely different skater without a wonky groin, etc...

Reactions: Alf Silfversson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad