Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Sens play a perfect clean game while being routed by the Pens 5-2

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Chris Cuthbert on TSN put it really nicely, Sully knows how to coach superstars, he knows not to keep them on the bench, when it is damn obvious that Geno wanted to get back out there. He was standing whole 2 minutes of PK, last 45 seconds he was standing by the door waiting to jump out. He was going to go on the ice no matter what. Sully wasnt going to get in his way, simple as that.

Fair point. Being 100% serious. That's a fair point.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Murray is responsible for 6 of the teams last 8 losses dating back to November 12. Jarry is 12-2 since then. Not discrediting everyone else, but Jarry has saved the season to this point.
Would have been a 5-4 victory if Jarry wasn't in net tonight.

Pens just practicing getting 5 goals tonight for the next time Murray starts.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
After Saturday's game I mistakenly said Malkin was 2nd in the league in points per game. He's not - I added wrong - but as of today, he's third with 1.46 ppg (38 points in 26 games). Only McDavid and Draisaitl are scoring more per game than Malkin, and he's been closing the gap.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Everybody understands the desire to keep our best guys on the bench there. But some people need to also respect how superstar athletes think. You don’t know them better than Sullivan does.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
NO win is worth losing Jake for an extended period. But teams like Ottawa can't compete even with a limited Pens and resort to taking liberties since the refs know the Bettman and his cement heads will do nothing to keep this crap from the game. No other sport allows this level of cheap shots without penalties and major fines.

Reactions: EightyOne

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Have you looked at their team? They don’t have one available. Call Anaheim and see what they’ve got.

I didn’t know who Marino was before the trade. They’re hiding someone lol

Reactions: BillPrep

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Gotta add this: When Jake went out, Gally-Geno-Rust was okay-ish. As long as Gally keeps it going north-south, MAYBE it's workable in theory. BUT, Sully needs to have a short leash.

Sully will use Chucky/Simon/Kahun to maybe Tanev.
Here's a crazy thought...why not just slip Sid on the wing there?
Won't happen but i'd try it IF Sid needed easing back in.

On Jake, you just hope his Gumby'ness he's had with injury scares sees him thru this one too but it deffo looked like something was broken or torn.

The wingers i mentioned above need to step up OR in other words JR needs to land himself a top flight top 6 winger.

I don't know if Chabot meant to do what he did but i'm with @KIRK on this. JJ should've roughed him up some during those final scrums just cuz and he was generally ornery all game in a Tkachuk like way.

So what would it look like with Sid and Bjugs back?
I guess:

Chucky/Simon-G-Rust
McCann-Sid-Kahun
Chucky/Simon-Bjugs-Horny
ZAR-Blueger-Tanev

If Sid wants Simon after watching him from up high for a month and a half, have at it man.

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
just saw the injury to Jake. Looks like a left wrist bruise, contuison or broken

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
NO win is worth losing Jake for an extended period. But teams like Ottawa can't compete even with a limited Pens and resort to taking liberties since the refs know the Bettman and his cement heads will do nothing to keep this crap from the game. No other sport allows this level of cheap shots without penalties and major fines.

Dude... keep it hush or JR is going to trade Rust for Reaves and get this team push back again. :( :sarcasm:

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Think Malkin gets a call from the league for whacking Pageau with his stick at the end? Not that it wasn’t well earned, but...

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I want this group to win the Cup as bad as I wanted the 2016 team to win... and I sold all of our souls back in 2016. Does anyone have any more souls?

Mines been sold as well BUT I've said in the Salary thread we need to pony up for a good top 6 wing that has a little term. This year and next are prime golden years and I'm not content sitting idle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad