Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens/Yotes - Back in the win column!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
++++++ DeSmith: Guy is seeing the puck so clean right now. Run him as long as we can. It's not the first time the backup took over. It won't be the last time, either. Run him and let's go!

+++ Sid with Jake/Kessel: I really really really like this line. Jake was back to doing Jake-like things, which means chipping pucks and making plays in limited space. Sid should have had 4 points tonight. It was also nice to see the line work with Simon/Rust, albeit not my favorite.

+ JJ/Dumo/Riikola: I'll target these 3. I thought they looked good. Solid plays, safe plays, and kept the Arizona speed at bay.

+ Hags/Horny: I just love these 2 together. They run around like rabid wolves stirring the pot. They just provide so much energy and grit at the same time. It's too bad Geno is out there playing like dog shit because we could be running wild on teams if it was all clicking.

+ PK: Thought the PK for Arizona would be better and be a big part of the game. Instead it was the Pens. Pens came through.

- 4th line: I don't know what the final advanced stats were, but they looked bad.

- Geno: It's been like 3-5 games now. Pick it up, dude.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
+JJ had another good game with Letang, and I honestly thought pretty much all of the defensemen had good games.
+Put Kessel with Crosby already, just keep the two together. Just because it didn't work under Johnston in 2015 doesn't mean it won't work.

-Cole saying he'd pay $1500 for front row Coldplay tickets, you'd be better off buying a nice set of speakers for $300 and burning the other $1200

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Great job De Smith.

anigif_original-6032-1402280550-3.gif

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+JJ had another good game with Letang, and I honestly thought pretty much all of the defensemen had good games.
+Put Kessel with Crosby already

-Cole saying he'd pay $1500 for front row Coldplay tickets, you'd be better off buying a nice set of speakers for $300 and burning the other $1200

I was fortunate enough to see Coldplay live. Fix you and The Scientist are 2 of my favorite songs. So beautiful.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
What a relief....I don't need to be a whiny little bitch anymore.

Focus on the keyword there...need.

I still will be.

Good job Desmith. Kept this team in it through one. Pluses to Sid for finishing and helping his line produce. That bottom line was a line. Defense wasn't super atrocious. Good win against a team that could have easily beat the Pens if a few things fell differently.

Yeah. I have...once in awhile when Sid has it on lock down he just floats around like he doesn’t care...he’s just not THIS crappy...

Almost like a, "oh okay sid is gonna win it tonight i dont need to try?"

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I was fortunate enough to see Coldplay live. Fix you and The Scientist are 2 of my favorite songs. So beautiful.

I just honestly can't get it, I've never been interested in concerts at all. It's just overly loud music that usually sounds worse than the album songs, when you have to pay too much and be surrounded by a bunch of sweaty people. Just imagine if it was a Bieber concert, dear lord I'd be praying for an asteroid to hit me.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
JR outright said that he was itching to get rid of dead weight. And as we all know that guy couldn't bluff if his life depended on it.

Players have been playing for their spot on the team. Some borderline players for their spot in the league.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
@ColePens, it's been 2-4 games with Geno.

BUT, this one? This one started okay and went downhill fast, but then by the midpoint, I don't even know how to describe it but to say I literally was watching Geno play 'I don't give a ****' hockey.

I mean, this isn't a debate about good or bad. This is Geno's play, body language, interest, and effort simultaneously saying I DON'T GIVE A ****.

I've never seen it like this. @Andy99 pretty much said the same. Have you?

Anyone?

I don't even know where he goes from here. I mean, we all know he hits a few ruts a season where he's just not good. And eventually he plays himself out of it. But this? Man, who the **** knows. For as much as I talk about Sully's issues this season, how he handles Geno literally acting like he doesn't give a **** might be the biggest.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’ll add..
++ Rust, Jake, Simon....someone there got the message from the GM....now all we need is JR to come out before every game and discuss their contracts and maybe they’ll keep it up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad