OT: Cole's OT Bar: -18 and snow to 60 and run to 30 and rain all in one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I watched one episode and it was the worst thing I'd ever seen. There was a battle and some fruity looking viking who was seemingly paralyzed from the waist down crawled into the fray and still managed to kill someone. The fact that it's on the History Channel was the cherry on top.
It's like every f***ing episode is about getting back some place called Kattekat or some shit.

I just gave up on it. Then I tried to watch Marvel's Runaways and lol, what the f***?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I watched one episode and it was the worst thing I'd ever seen. There was a battle and some fruity looking viking who was seemingly paralyzed from the waist down crawled into the fray and still managed to kill someone. The fact that it's on the History Channel was the cherry on top.

That sounds like Ivar. I stopped watching around the time he was introduced. It was a better show in the earlier seasons but never anything special.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
fauxwncy13721.jpg

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
No matter times I watch this it’s still hilarious

As someone who goes through a bunch of applicant names daily, some parents are really ridiculous.

Now, that skit has all normal names, but still.

When Abcde is an 'actual' name and is pronounced Ab-city [which is also a ridiculous name]....this world...this world...ugh....https://jalopnik.com/southwest-airlines-apologizes-after-agent-laughs-at-5-y-1830775835

Edit: I couldn't get your link to work...geo-blocked?
NSFW language

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
As someone who goes through a bunch of applicant names daily, some parents are really ridiculous.

Now, that skit has all normal names, but still.

When Abcde is an 'actual' name and is pronounced Ab-city [which is also a ridiculous name]....this world...this world...ugh....https://jalopnik.com/southwest-airlines-apologizes-after-agent-laughs-at-5-y-1830775835

Edit: I couldn't get your link to work...geo-blocked?
NSFW language

What about Le-a? Pronounced Ledasha :laugh:

I heard it on a tv comedy called Mr D. I imagine they didnt just make it up and that’s someone’s real name.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I see it more as Ellie-minus-ah. Sounds like a dinosaur.

The Ellieminusah are now known to be pack hunters.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Has anyone seen the trailer for Peele's new horror film? It looks really interesting. If it's as good as Get Out, this guy is hitting them out of the park as a director in a genre where there's not very many good films.

I thought Get Out was ok, it was a fresh take in horror/thriller genre, but the hype was just insane vs the actual movie.

Also, if I saw the name Le-a, I would have thought it was some hipster shit version of "Leah"...

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Took my Android tablet back and got an iPad. Much better

giphy.gif

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I thought Get Out was ok, it was a fresh take in horror/thriller genre, but the hype was just insane vs the actual movie.

Also, if I saw the name Le-a, I would have thought it was some hipster **** version of "Leah"...
I thought Get Out was really good. Not Oscar good or whatnot, but very good.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Took my Android tablet back and got an iPad. Much better

giphy.gif
I kept my Android tablets (I have the Tab 2 and the 12.2 tablet), but the new Ipad Pro is f***ing nuts. I like that I can charge my phone off of it now if I am low on battery.

I am very very f***ing pissed that the Apple Pencil does not work on my XS Max though.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Tablets were "cool" but absolutely pointless. Cell phones can do everything a tablet can do and more. And tablets are nowhere as good as laptops.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Tablets were "cool" but absolutely pointless. Cell phones can do everything a tablet can do and more. And tablets are nowhere as good as laptops.
Tablets are good if you are constantly moving but want to do some laptop type stuff. If you have actual work to do on a screen but you're not going to have a decent desk to sit at, a tablet is the way to go. Or even just streaming netflix or whatnot.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

While traveling, I have both my laptop and my tablet. While I mostly use my laptop for work and writing stupid shit on this message board, I use my tablets for either movies or drawing with the Apple Pencil, and other stuff.

Hell, with the keyboard attachment, I can also just message people back instead of typing on my phone if I am on it.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
eh, I liked it.
Then you're set.

For me, I think I would give it a solid 8/10 for a horror/thriller movie. I like Peele, I think studios made a huge mistake over looking him because they were scared of his lack of box office numbers and resume in that regard. I can't remember what it was, I think I mentioned it, but he wanted to do a big budget comic book movie and he was denied it/over looked.

The Studio that did it, of course tried to play it off like "Oh we just over looked it by accident" or some shit.

Edit: He wanted to do a Gargoyles movie (of the famed awesome cartoon and comics) and they (the assholes at Disney) didn't want him because they were shit scared of having an R rated property that might be good enough to force more R rated movies and take the bread and butter away from their demo of tweeners.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017

It works really well for me. I’ll use it for reading books and streaming movies/music in bed when I need to lie down. It’s easier and more flexible than a laptop for that and I wanted to stay off my phone more because of work. I work flexible hours and basically have a mobile office so it’s nice to be able to shut that out when I need/want too and can still enjoy the web/apps.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Then you're set.

For me, I think I would give it a solid 8/10 for a horror/thriller movie.
Yeah 8/10 is what I'd consider really good but not oscar level good, so I guess we agree :laugh: And I do agree that the first half was a bit better than the second, I just also liked the second. It helped that I had absolutely no idea what the movie was about when I saw it I'm sure. I just knew people liked it.

I like Peele, I think studios made a huge mistake over looking him because they were scared of his lack of box office numbers and resume in that regard. I can't remember what it was, I think I mentioned it, but he wanted to do a big budget comic book movie and he was denied it/over looked.

The Studio that did it, of course tried to play it off like "Oh we just over looked it by accident" or some ****.

Edit: He wanted to do a Gargoyles movie (of the famed awesome cartoon and comics) and they (the *******s at Disney) didn't want him because they were **** scared of having an R rated property that might be good enough to force more R rated movies and take the bread and butter away from their demo of tweeners.
Yeah I really wish Disney would be less concerned about the ratings. A good gargoyles movie would be cool. Maybe he can just make his own comic book style movie without licensing an actual comic.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Somehow my Global Smash Rating was around 1.5M. There's no reason it should have ever been that high since I just keep getting my ass kicked online. Some of it is due to lag, but the majority is just because I'm not good.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Somehow my Global Smash Rating was around 1.5M. There's no reason it should have ever been that high since I just keep getting my ass kicked online. Some of it is due to lag, but the majority is just because I'm not good.
I have 4 characters floating just over 2 mil. Everyone else I play tend to float around the 1.4-1.8 mil range. But everyone I haven't played yet is at like 1.8 mil. It jumps up and down a whole lot until you've used the same character quite a bit.

I made it in to Elite Smash with Lucario, and was promptly kicked back out by back to back 3-0 shellackings by DeDeDe :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It works really well for me. I’ll use it for reading books and streaming movies/music in bed when I need to lie down. It’s easier and more flexible than a laptop for that and I wanted to stay off my phone more because of work. I work flexible hours and basically have a mobile office so it’s nice to be able to shut that out when I need/want too and can still enjoy the web/apps.
OH...

Right, android and apple tablets.

So my Android tablet (I have 2 sizes) are fantastic for my comic books, easier to load on, but I also read a lot of books on my ipad pro and the comics are easily readable through dropbox as well. It's a hell of a lot easier to whip out a tablet on a trip to read a book/comic than it is to lug out my laptop.

Which Ipad did you get?

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I have 4 characters floating just over 2 mil. Everyone else I play tend to float around the 1.4-1.8 mil range. But everyone I haven't played yet is at like 1.8 mil. It jumps up and down a whole lot until you've used the same character quite a bit.

I made it in to Elite Smash with Lucario, and was promptly kicked back out by back to back 3-0 shellackings by DeDeDe :laugh:

I'm quite bad. I remember the days of Melee when I was pretty decent with Falco.

I guess Ike is my main in this version? Even though I don't like him that much.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah 8/10 is what I'd consider really good but not oscar level good, so I guess we agree :laugh: And I do agree that the first half was a bit better than the second, I just also liked the second. It helped that I had absolutely no idea what the movie was about when I saw it I'm sure. I just knew people liked it.

Yeah I really wish Disney would be less concerned about the ratings. A good gargoyles movie would be cool. Maybe he can just make his own comic book style movie without licensing an actual comic.

I like explanations.

Why was Venom PG13 instead of Rated R? Because they explained that it's easier to bring up Spiderman to PG13 than it is to lower Venom from Rated R to G/PG to make it work in that universe. IN that same vein, a lot of people are afraid of Deadpool being ruined when it's absorbed back to Marvel/Disney because to bring down an R rated character to PG13 would pretty much ruin it altogether.

How?

If you were one of the idiots that saw the Deadpool 2 in PG13 that was just released, you'll see why it just does not work well backwards like that. Disney is f***ing evil and I despise how they ruin shit, but idiots flock to see their trash so they keep making sequels of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad