Confirmed with Link: Cole Perfetti signed 2X 3.25AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
YOU brought up Heinola. YOU made 6 posts in a row about Heinola. Now you want to play moderator? Add this to your condescending description of what most people call the hard area of the ice and I’m catching on to what I’m dealing with here. Yeah, I agree we should get back on track with the thread.
Just try to keep your stories straight from now on please

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
That's crazy.

Monahan was good for us and Toffoli was a proven playoff performer. It didn't work out but I think we could agree that pretty much every player shit the bed.

PS Statsny wasn't fleet of foot yet he was by far the best tdl pick up we've ever had.

Let's hope Fleury comes in and equalizes a bit. Also hopng Pionk has a rebound.

I didn't hate Monohan but he was useless in the playoffs. Toffoli you have to go back half a decade for playoff performance. I thought he was a dumb acquisition because he added to a lack of team speed and imo wasn't at all what we needed. We needed wither a gritty two-way winger or wr needed a RD to push Pionk down.

It's about balance and they brought in too many slow skating players. Sure Stastny was great, but that is really one year that we got it right at the deadline. I don't really trust our pro scouts.

Reactions: Bigfish

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Yes it is, but others keep bringing it up to Slag him, so I'll keep bringing up that other coaches would have treated his slump differently. Bones chose his way to deal with it and it's over and I'm sure Cole is pissed about it and it doesn't happen again.

I won't say anything else on this, it's a new season and he has his role and the confidence of Arniel, up to him to go out and perform.
I think that it's important to remember that Bone's peimary job was to win games, which included putting together a "2nd" line that was producing

Cole's demotion, while heavy handed, fell in line with that. He just dried up for whatever reason

Unfortunately for Cole, it coincided with the team turning it around to a certain extent (as we talked about earlier in one of these threads). At that point, the "winning games" mandate conflicted with the "get Cole back on track" mandate... and Bones did the right thing in putting the team's needs ahead of Cole's personal feelings

Cole seems like a highly motivated, intelligent and competitive kid. If that the case, it's not impossible for him to see that his misfortune, while frustrating to him, was at least in some way what was best for the team - at the time

i have a feeling that movong forward, Cole's play and demeanor will look a lot more like a vet and it's partially due to the adversity that he experienced and overcame

Reactions: Huffer

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Obviously no one knows fully what Chevy's plans were but apparently he had made offers to both Manahan and Dillon, but I'm not sure how the money would have worked? After signing Perfetti to a bridge deal we only have $2.53 in cap space and Dillon is going to be making $4 M X 3 and Manahan $5.5 M X 4.

Dillon had wanted to sign well before the season ended. He was unhappy to have not received an offer. Probably could have retained him for a little less than what he got as a UFA. Could have covered his cost by going with 22 men.

But there is a good chance someone would have had to have been moved to make room, especially if they also retained Monahan.

Bigfish

Oct 12, 2016
I think that it's important to remember that Bone's peimary job was to win games, which included putting together a "2nd" line that was producing

Cole's demotion, while heavy handed, fell in line with that. He just dried up for whatever reason

Unfortunately for Cole, it coincided with the team turning it around to a certain extent (as we talked about earlier in one of these threads). At that point, the "winning games" mandate conflicted with the "get Cole back on track" mandate... and Bones did the right thing in putting the team's needs ahead of Cole's personal feelings

Cole seems like a highly motivated, intelligent and competitive kid. If that the case, it's not impossible for him to see that his misfortune, while frustrating to him, was at least in some way what was best for the team - at the time

i have a feeling that movong forward, Cole's play and demeanor will look a lot more like a vet and it's partially due to the adversity that he experienced and overcame

After having 6 points in his last 5 regular season games, including 4 goals, you think Perfetti deserved to be benched for all but one game of the playoffs. What exactly does a player have to do to signal they have broken out of their slump?

Reactions: surixon

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
After having 6 points in his last 5 regular season games, including 4 goals, you think Perfetti deserved to be benched for all but one game of the playoffs. What exactly does a player have to do to signal they have broken out of their slump?
Once toffoli was aquired, there was nothing Cole could have done to get into the line up - espalecially when the team won its last 8 games

Cole's spot in the top six was his to lose and he did (unfortunately) with his 23 game goalless streak

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

To some extent I agree, but my issue is as @Bigfish alluded to. When he got back in he put up 6 in 5 and was a big part of turning that end of year lossing streak around. Bones didn't want him in despite great play and was waiting for him to make a mistake to bench him and then take him out again. He made one bad turnover and was benched in game and then scratched again.

It's coaching like that that pissed me off. He was far from the only one who made mistakes.

Once toffoli was aquired, there was nothing Cole could have done to get into the line up - espalecially when the team won its last 8 games

Cole's spot in the top six was his to lose and he did (unfortunately) with his 23 game goalless streak

That 8 game winning streak doesn't happen without Cole. They had lost 6 in a row and he goes in and lights it up for 3 points against a desperate LA team to end that streak.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
To some extent I agree, but my issue is as @Bigfish alluded to. When he got back in he put up 6 in 5 and was a big part of turning that end of year lossing streak around. Bones didn't want him in despite great play and was waiting for him to make a mistake to bench him and then take him out again. He made one bad turnover and was benched in game and then scratched again.

It's coaching like that that pissed me off. He was far from the only one who made mistakes.

That 8 game winning streak doesn't happen without Cole. They had lost 6 in a row and he goes in and lights it up for 3 points against a desperate LA team to end that streak.
So the Jets are rolling into the playoffs on a 7 game winning streak. Who comes out of the line up for Cole?

Toffoli has just put up 5 points in his last 7 games and is the team's leading goal scorer.

The only argument you can make for Cole at that point is to put him on rhe 4th line, which I would agree with. Bones wanted to run an energy 4th line... that's the only real issue here that I have with the whole scenario. I think Barron - Names - Perfetti could have been a great 4th line, but a 4th line RW isn't going to win or lose a series for you

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So the Jets are rolling into the playoffs on a 7 game winning streak. Who comes out of the line up for Cole?

Toffoli has just put up 5 points in his last 7 games and is the team's leading goal scorer.

The only argument you can make for Cole at that point is to put him on rhe 4th line, which I would agree with. Bones wanted to run an energy 4th line... that's the only real issue here that I have with the whole scenario. I think Barron - Names - Perfetti could have been a great 4th line, but a 4th line RW isn't going to win or lose a series for you

Perfetti played 5 of those 8 games in the top 6 so like I said had a good piece of it. It's not like he wasn't in the lineup contributing to it. I would have kept Tofolli with Lowry and tried to build more offense on that line. I would have also liked Cole,'s passing on the PP 2 to try to setup Toffoli's shot.

Appelton could have moved to line 4 to give it a boost.

In the playoffs both lines 2 and 3 where a tire fore that couldn't score. Maybe the approach he took for 5 of the 8 games they won may have spread things around more for us.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Perfetti played 5 of those 8 games in the top 6 so like I said had a good piece of it. It's not like he wasn't in the lineup contributing to it. I would have kept Tofolli with Lowry and tried to build more offense on that line. I would have also liked Cole,'s passing on the PP 2 to try to setup Toffoli's shot.

Appelton could have moved to line 4 to give it a boost.

In the playoffs both lines 2 and 3 where a tire fore that couldn't score. Maybe the approach he took for 5 of the 8 games they won may have spread things around more for us.
Those are all great ideas, but they aren't changes you make rolling into the playoffs

Bigfish

Oct 12, 2016
Those are all great ideas, but they aren't changes you make rolling into the playoffs

Once you're in the playoffs and have been absolutely shit kicked in the last 7.5 periods of the first 3 games, do you make a change or just keep on rolling?

Edit: my mistake. Bownhead did make an adjustment for game 4. He pulled Gus bus for AJF. A brilliant coaching move by anyones standards.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Dillon had wanted to sign well before the season ended. He was unhappy to have not received an offer. Probably could have retained him for a little less than what he got as a UFA. Could have covered his cost by going with 22 men.

But there is a good chance someone would have had to have been moved to make room, especially if they also retained Monahan.
Dillon wasn’t going to give the Jets a discount as it is likely his last contract before hanging around on league minimums and going with 22 men doesn’t save you $1.5 M. You also have extra costs with injuries. Anyway you slice it the Jets would have had to unload salary if they signed either Dillon or Monahan.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Once you're in the playoffs and have been absolutely shit kicked in the last 7.5 periods of the first 3 games, do you make a change or just keep on rolling?
He should have shaken it up sooner. After game 2

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

did you just say.... vet?

nah man vets are garbage! need to be replaced by prospects! get him off the team!!!!

:sarcasm:

Edit: my mistake. Bownhead did make an adjustment for game 4. He pulled Gus bus for AJF. A brilliant coaching move by anyones standards.
and he got into the game and did nothing, and was rated as the worst Jets Fwd by the analytics. but i guess that doesn't matter?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad