Confirmed with Link: Cole Perfetti signed 2X 3.25AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Bridge deal was the obvious choice for both sides here I think.

EDIT: The way negotiations were handled and Perfetti's relaxed vibe about the whole situation, I bet they tried to get a long-term deal done but both sides figured it wasn't likely so had this in the back pocket ready to go.

Perfetti is the anti-Dubois/McGroarty... everything about this guy is so likable.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm in an executive meeting. Glad to see its done, Chevy got his price.
And you let work interfere with your Jets fandom. I was once there but I’m now retired and get a little more flexibly other than my teaching online retirement gig. “Okay everyone we are going to have some independent work time while your instructor focuses on the latest Jets news” 🤣

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
And you let work interfere with your Jets fandom. I was once there but I’m now retired and get a little more flexibly other than my teaching online retirement gig. “Okay everyone we are going to have some independent work time while your instructor focuses on the latest Jets news” 🤣

Hahaha. It's a volunteer board position, I need my PD hours lol.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Happy for both parties…

But the onus now is on Perfecti’…

To earn the contract he thinks he is worth…

Seems Evil Uberfart overplayed a bad hand and lost…

And a young player who wants to play gets his chance at even bigger money…

Go Perfetti Go… !!!

:thumbu:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Glad to have that done. I am still not happy with how Bowness cost Perfetti his goals performance bonus via his nonsense scratches. Thought he was gonna make an issue out of it in these negotiations. Hopefully Chipman gets him some Santa Lucia Pizza and Jimmy Buick Chevrolet BMC endorsement deals to make up for that travesty by the former coach.
WHO cost Cole his goals bonus?

1000032356.jpg

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
If I were an NHL GM, I'd be looking to either bridge or low-ball literally every player for first extension aside from absolute no-doubters - Probably the only two players in Jets 2.0 history I'd have been comfortable not bridging would have been Trouba and Morrissey - Maybe Ehlers depending on exact terms. I was just so comfortable with those players' floors I'd have been willing to inject more contract risk.

(That list is just based off on-ice stuff, obviously)

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Glad that's done - let's see what he can do - balls in his court as he preps for that next contract.

Malcsta

Mar 15, 2024
Happy with this contract because it puts more onus on Cole to prove himself. Give him 6m for the next 5 years and half the work is already done for him. No thanks, bridge is the way to go

Reactions: KingBogo

Shlep

Sep 13, 2024
Perfetti-Namestnikov-Ehlers was such a strong line last season. Really hope they're put back together, it's such a benefit to be able to have a player like Namestnikov mesh with higher talent players so you can distribute talent elsewhere, instead of ham fisting Monahan into a line that doesn't work at all (not blaming Monahan for that) and ruining the balance the team had.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad