Player Discussion Cole Koepke

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Only 5 games but he leads the NHL in +\- with Beecher and Kastelic 2nd and 3rd.

All three are top 50 in NHL scoring also. Wonder what odds you would get in August on those two happening even 5 games in, 1,000-1?
what I am loving is they all play with pace and that forecheck has to be a nightmare for even the top pairings for the opponents. Love it, if I`m Monty, I don`t touch that line unless they show signs of regressing but so far so good

One of the strengths of the Merlot line was their ability to get on top of the opponent (well, perhaps not Thornton but.) and hem them in, make life miserable, chip in offensively, this line reminds me of that, not putting them into that stratosphere quite yet but great start to the year

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
The top 6 can take some notes from this line. Simplify. Drive the net. Forecheck. Support. Pucks on net Repeat.
every line on Florida does this. Sometimes we lose that directness in favor of creating wide for the high danger chances with noone in front of the net. Hockey is always a down and dirty sport. Goals are scored in the shit. Unless your name is Pasta you should be in a bar fight out front every night.
The best part? that will open up space for your creative types to take over.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Only 5 games but he leads the NHL in +\- with Beecher and Kastelic 2nd and 3rd.

All three are top 50 in NHL scoring also. Wonder what odds you would get in August on those two happening even 5 games in, 1,000-1?
Too bad they pissed away that Florida game Monday worried more about running around than playing hockey. 4-1 would look pretty good

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
what I am loving is they all play with pace and that forecheck has to be a nightmare for even the top pairings for the opponents. Love it, if I`m Monty, I don`t touch that line unless they show signs of regressing but so far so good

One of the strengths of the Merlot line was their ability to get on top of the opponent (well, perhaps not Thornton but.) and hem them in, make life miserable, chip in offensively, this line reminds me of that, not putting them into that stratosphere quite yet but great start to the year
Yes
Bruins have imo
Top 5 G room
Top 5 D
Top 5 4th line
Top 5 1st line l

If they are all playing to skill level

Need to get more out of other 7 F (exclude Marchand)

May be time for Tyler Johnson

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
The top 6 can take some notes from this line. Simplify. Drive the net. Forecheck. Support. Pucks on net Repeat.
every line on Florida does this. Sometimes we lose that directness in favor of creating wide for the high danger chances with noone in front of the net. Hockey is always a down and dirty sport. Goals are scored in the shit. Unless your name is Pasta you should be in a bar fight out front every night.
The best part? that will open up space for your creative types to take over.
It should never be lost sight of that hockey is still a collision sport, requiring lots
of physical battles. Pasta and Panarin goals make up the highlight reels, but like the other collision sport (Football), its primarily won and lost in the trenches.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad