Cole Caufield vs. Vasili Podkolzin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will be better?

• Total voters

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Caufield would, they played together quite a bit. Podkolzin wouldn't though, IMO. He's not a great team player.
Re: “...not a great team player.”

I don’t think those accusations are entirely fair. I’m assuming you’ve never met him or played hockey with him so your account is already on a 3rd party medium for something not exactly hockey related; getting along with other people.

I doubt he has attitude problems like Ryan Merkley, but I have heard, from scouting reports, he is a bit mopey and doesn’t always compete. That doesn’t mean he won’t get along with teammates, after all, you usually don’t names someone the team dislikes a captain.

Just food for thought.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I doubt he has attitude problems like Ryan Merkley, but I have heard, from scouting reports, he is a bit mopey and doesn’t always compete. That doesn’t mean he won’t get along with teammates, after all, you usually don’t names someone the team dislikes a captain.

I have never heard anyone say this about Podkolzin. His best attribute by far is his compete level so kind of a puzzling comment.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Caufield rose in the past 5 months while Podkolzin fell.... Ill take the riser.

Plus I think when Caufield grows 2 more inches many GMs will be kicking themselves

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Podkolzin's game translates worse to the NHL. I see him do a lot of stuff that would never work in the NHL. Right now, imho, he's a lot further away from being NHL ready. I've seen a lot of players where they are so much better than their peers that they never bother learning the hard parts of hockey until it's too late, Podkolzin seems like a strong candidate for that. He's got so much skill though that he no doubt will develop into something useful, I just gave concerns about his ceiling

Caufield for me.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Re: “...not a great team player.”

I don’t think those accusations are entirely fair. I’m assuming you’ve never met him or played hockey with him so your account is already on a 3rd party medium for something not exactly hockey related; getting along with other people.

Just food for thought.

You got your scouring reports crossed. Kaliyev was accused of being mopey by one person, only thing similiar I hear of Podkolzin was that he was developing a reputation of being a puck hog. Podkolzin's compete level was one of his upsides.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Usually I don't have an issue with small players but Caulfield is an insane goal scorer but isn't really good at anything else. I'm not sure he ends up that good

Because he's a Russian and they always get slapped with that nonsense

Fully agree with this.

Cole is a pure sniper but I really wonder if his game translates to the NHL.

Also Russians are often perceived as selfish and if one actually watched Pods this year that clearly isn't the case.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I have never heard anyone say this about Podkolzin. His best attribute by far is his compete level so kind of a puzzling comment.

You got your scouring reports crossed. Kaliyev was accused of being mopey by one person, only thing similiar I hear of Podkolzin was that he was developing a reputation of being a puck hog. Podkolzin's compete level was one of his upsides.
That’s my bad, I was thinking of Kaliyev.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Caufield rose in the past 5 months while Podkolzin fell.... Ill take the riser.

Plus I think when Caufield grows 2 more inches many GMs will be kicking themselves
I’m generally in agreement on taking the riser as opposed to the faller. We’ll see though, and as a Canucks fan I hope Pod can continue to develop his game. He is very young, and will be playing in the 2nd best league in the world for the next two years, so that should really help him grow.

I wouldn’t hang much hope in Caufield getting any taller however. He will likely be the height he is, but get stronger and faster. Still a great player, and I was thrilled that Habs got him, as he’s one of my favourite players from the WJC.

Reactions: amnesiac

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad