Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'll be pretty Maad if we lose tonight.

Did someone say Maad?

MV5BYTU2YzViZTktMmZiYi00M2VmLTk2M2MtMTFlNDUwOGRjM2E5XkEyXkFqcGdeQTNwaW5nZXN0._V1_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Even though this is the most excited I’ve been for a hockey game since Tahoe and all signs point to the Avs continuing their dominance, my gut tells me we struggle to score tonight and we’re all complaining about “results” by night’s end.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Even though this is the most excited I’ve been for a hockey game since Tahoe and all signs point to the Avs continuing their dominance, my gut tells me we struggle to score tonight and we’re all complaining about “results” by night’s end.

Cousin Eddie or his gut has never been right about anything ever in his life!

So its all good

Reactions: Ginger Papa

KingSizeKirby

PLAYOFFS!?
May 26, 2011
Ontario
I would argue outside of Nuke he's our best bottom 6 forward for what they need to bring to the table. He plays the perfect style and injects a ton of energy/momentum into the team as opposed to Jost, Belly, Dong, Compher.
Ya I’ve got him behind nuke and donskoi. Donskoi just has such good production right now. And I got him tied with Calvert.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I don't know about dominance. I think its going to be a pretty even game. The one person who might change that is Mackinnon. If Mackinnon and that top line decide they are going to play like a top line then I think the Avs can win this in dominating style.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Renouf was pretty bad last game.

Yeah, Renouf was ass last game. I’m glad he got sent down before the shine wore off.

Now I can still think fondly of the workman like 11 minutes he was giving this team before his poor outing.

Was he though? I'd have to look at the replay to be sure but the only major miscue I saw from him was on the 3rd goal against when both he and Toews went after the guy in the corner and left a man wide open in front of the net. But was that him who was on LD on that shift or was it Toews? I'm guessing that was his mistake, but even so I didn't notice anything else out of him that was objectionable. Really, the problem lies in having to rotate these guys around and obviously at some point someone got mixed up switching sides.

Anyway, for a guy who pretty much started out 10th on the D depth chart this season, he's been pretty amazing. I wouldn't mind him sticking around as the extra guy.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Was he though? I'd have to look at the replay to be sure but the only major miscue I saw from him was on the 3rd goal against when both he and Toews went after the guy in the corner and left a man wide open in front of the net. But was that him who was on LD on that shift or was it Toews? I'm guessing that was his mistake, but even so I didn't notice anything else out of him that was objectionable. Really, the problem lies in having to rotate these guys around and obviously at some point someone got mixed up switching sides.

Anyway, for a guy who pretty much started out 10th on the D depth chart this season, he's been pretty amazing. I wouldn't mind him sticking around as the extra guy.
I don't even remember that miscue. The only one I remember clearly was the pass to Bura skates which turned the puck over and eventually lead to Heinens goal I believe. If the Avs were playing an NHL goalie there it wouldn't have been an issue. So really that goal against is Sakics fault more than Renoufs.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

The main thing I remember was him abandoning the front of the net to chase someone behind the net. It resulted directly in a goal.

Overall I thought he was really good for a #10. That’s why I was happy to see him clear waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad