Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Logan O'Connor signs extension with the Avalanche (3 years, $1.05M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Crazy. Obviously no idea who he is but the dollar value seems low.

Guy just trying to secure himself as an asset and trying to help them win.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
I hope this means his spot in the fourth line is guaranteed. no AHL veterans or experiments, please. after LBN Nieto left, he's my favorite bottom 6er.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
When looked outside in, why the avs gave him 3,2 million dollars???

Just looked at his eliteprospects page, 43 career games, no notable stats,
gets a contract worth about 3,2 million dollars....head scratcher in deed, big one.

But then again, i havent watched avs that closely, so he might be excellent defensive forward,
a key piece of avs 4th line, who plays avg of 10 minutes and a change, a night.

Then i looked into his last season stats.

20-21 season avg :

1.70 shots on goal per game
1.32 hits per game
0.64 steals per game
0.55 blocked shots per game
0.27 penalty minutes per game
0.24 points per game
0.14 goals per game
0.10 assists per game

What does he actually do on the ice???

I'm guessing his magical, advanced stats (or what ever its called) are off the roof ???
that would somewhat explain the contract value

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
At the same time there are lots of players getting league minimum 1 year contracts.
who play more, do more on the ice, who have years and years of NHL experience
under their belts, some players with league minimum contracts are future hall of famers.

Why this player didn't get a 1 year - 2 year, 750k contract, or a multi year two-way contract????.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Sorry, complete gibberish to my eyes
no idea what is supposed to mean.

xGA/60 3.39 (-51%)

is that supposed to be a good number

In short, yes. One of the best in the league.

In long, yes as his expected goals against in PK situations is a 3.39 goals against. Mind you this is over 38 penalty kill minutes which is on the lower end. Comparing that to Charlie McAvoy who has a 4.18 which is the lowest xGA/60 amongst players who have played 100 or more penalty minutes.

So Colorado feels they have an energy guy who can be clutch in the PK and will be a solid addition for the next 3 years. Hence the more than league minimum contact.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
In short, yes. One of the best in the league.

In long, yes as his expected goals against in PK situations is a 3.39 goals against. Mind you this is over 38 penalty kill minutes which is on the lower end. Comparing that to Charlie McAvoy who has a 4.18 which is the lowest xGA/60 amongst players who have played 100 or more penalty minutes.

So Colorado feels they have an energy guy who can be clutch in the PK and will be a solid addition for the next 3 years. Hence the more than league minimum contact.

can’t teams still hurt 1.05 in the minors if need be? That’s the max?

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
A little surprised O’Connor signed this but not surprised the Avs offered it. Bednar and Sakic clearly love the player, despite his low career games he was one of the players the Avs decided to protect in the expansion draft (while leaving Compher and Donskoi exposed).

Great energy player with tons of speed and hustle. A player comparison would be a guy like Coleman, especially during his earlier days in NJ before his offence had fully translated.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Denver University boy, went undrafted but signed with the Avs and earned a roster spot.

Wants to stay in Denver and I am happy about it.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
At the same time there are lots of players getting league minimum 1 year contracts.
under their belts, some players with league minimum contracts are future hall of famers.

Why this player didn't get a 1 year - 2 year, 750k contract, or a multi year two-way contract????.

Great on the forecheck… 7 hits against Vegas in game 5.

His speed is a weapon. He legit looks like MacKinnon until he has to make a play with the puck.

He’s really what teams look for in 4th line players. I don’t think he has much offence to his game, but he puts pressure on other teams and can drive play. He became a favourite of many Avs fans last season.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Great on the forecheck… 7 hits against Vegas in game 5.

His speed is a weapon. He legit looks like MacKinnon until he has to make a play with the puck.

He’s really what teams look for in 4th line players. I don’t think he has much offence to his game, but he puts pressure on other teams and can drive play. He became a favourite of many Avs fans last season.

thanks from the info

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston

It’s a just trust us bro thing. Hes gonna succeed and would get more money after this year.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
A little surprised O’Connor signed this but not surprised the Avs offered it. Bednar and Sakic clearly love the player, despite his low career games he was one of the players the Avs decided to protect in the expansion draft (while leaving Compher and Donskoi exposed).

Great energy player with tons of speed and hustle. A player comparison would be a guy like Coleman, especially during his earlier days in NJ before his offence had fully translated.

Going back in Avs history, he reminds me of Dan Hinote.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
can’t teams still hurt 1.05 in the minors if need be? That’s the max?
He still gets paid in the minors but won’t count towards to cap. Only one this would hurt is Kroenke and I’m sure he’s not going to notice 1M a year.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Great contract. Plug and play 4RW signed through his prime years. He's never going to put up a ton of points, but he's relentless on the forecheck, and has one of the best motors in the NHL imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad