Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Logan O'Connor signs extension with the Avalanche (3 years, $1.05M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
This is such an under rated signing. After this season he could easily be worth 2m a season and be priced out of Colorado due to cap issues

Reactions: IWantSakicAsMyGM

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Promising young role player. Nice to get him locked up for three years. He’ll be a bottom six and PK staple.

Fully expect casual fans of other teams to go “who, why?”. He’s a guy you have to be a fan of the team to appreciate since he was not a prospect of note when younger.

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
Exactly. The few games he was healthy I was shocked how fast he was. Didnt Pierre mistake him for Mack for a shift in the playoffs two years ago? I could be misremembering.

Definitely happened. I watch every Avs game and still get confused from time to time until I see the second half of his jersey number.

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
I wouldn't expect non Avs fans to know who he is lol
Nice of you to say that, vs the insults and 'do you even watch hockey bro' stuff people usually get when they admit to any lack of hockey knowledge. I don't recall hearing his name either. We do seem to have an oversupply of Logans and Connors in the league atm, so that probably adds to people not remembering his name. :D
FWIW his corsi/fenwicks are good despite mostly starting his shifts defensively, so thats good.

Reactions: banks

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Love this signing, kid is a gamer and brings a lot to the Avs 4th line

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
The very rare Avs player that both enjoys and is good at checking and playing the body. $1mm well spent here. I guess he and Byram are the Avs enforcers?

given Kadri’s game has become pretty much devoid of grit and sand paper, we need some of what LOC brings.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Love the signing, he honestly might be faster than MacK and I’d argue there’s a play almost every game where I mix the two up when skating through the neutral zone.

Fun fact - his family actually owns O’Connors Menswear in Calgary. The very store Makar got his suit from for draft day.

Go19

Jun 21, 2019
The very rare Avs player that both enjoys and is good at checking and playing the body. $1mm well spent here. I guess he and Byram are the Avs enforcers?

given Kadri’s game has become pretty much devoid of grit and sand paper, we need some of what LOC brings.
I wouldn't call him an "enforcer" - more of a pesty type who won't back down in a scrum.

And I hope Byrum steers clear of any enforcement - he had some head injuries last year - leave that to others

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Great contract.

Makes sense for both sides. Maybe it's a little surprising that O'Connor didn't bet on himself to get an even bigger raise after this year, but I guess he's now got some solid job security for four more seasons (including this season) on a contender, in a city where he's well settled after his DU days.

Avs now have some more cost certainty through the cup window, and effectively sort out the 4RW position with a guy who fits the role perfectly given his speed, forechecking tenacity, and PK ability.

Nice to see Sakic being proactive on this extension, which is reminiscent of the Girard deal which was also signed a year early.

Reactions: Perratrooper

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado

The Avs can always dress MacDermid at wing for games where they might want/need an enforcer.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
200.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad