Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] F Jonathan Drouin re-signs with the Avalanche (1 year, $2.5M)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Beautiful. He played better than some guys getting $5-6 million today. One year mitigates any risk as well and keeps Drouin with his eyes on the prize in terms of maintaining his play.

CMac been pretty much doing his best lazy Joe impression this morning but at the prices being bandied about, the Avs don't have a ton of options.

This was the single biggest move he could've made this morning and he at least got it right.

Roksta

Jul 27, 2011
Surprised he signed for so low, I imagine he feels comfortable and likes it in Colorado

Congrats avs

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Good for him and the AVs , nothing wrong with the player , being in the MTL bubble as a Quebec native was obviously too much.

MarchessaultCantRead

Mar 3, 2023
Wow…what a steal! I expected something like $3-4 million x 4.

Plus, the Avs will have over $6 million in cap space next year to re-sign him if Nuke bottoms out.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
All I have to say is

How you drouin.gif

Reactions: Extra Texture

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Yeah I think there is definitely a handshake deal here of “you keep up this play one more year, let us get though whatever comes of the Landeskog/Nuke stuff, and we will take care of you next summer.”

This was clearly a case where the player still has everything to gain to stay another season in the environment that has proven to be the perfect one in every aspect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad