PTO: [COL] F Pierre-Edouard Bellemare signs PTO with Avalanche

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
This is not a very sexy move, but Colorado is in desperate need of 4C help.

The defacto option on the roster is Chris Wagner. Last year was Fredrik Olofsson (bad defensively, rancid on faceoffs) followed by Yakov Trenin at the deadline... aka a winger forced to play center. The year before that was a combination of Jayson Megna, Ben Meyers, and Lucas Sedlak. In case you couldn't tell, the Avalanche have bungled the position since losing Darren Helm.

Reactions: banks

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
If he has any gas in the tank, he is very well liked in the locker room. MacKinnon and Rantanen just visited him this offseason, he played in Colorado for seasons 3 years ago.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The Avs like literally do not have a 4th line center right now so I can definitely see PEB getting a deal to be out there 8-10 minutes a night, kill some penalties and take draws.

wired14

Jan 28, 2008
I always felt this guy was super underrated. Very solid player. Pretty much exactly what you want out of a 4th line centre. Good face off guy who doesn’t put you at risk, plays hard, and gives good PK minutes.

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
Not sure he's got much left to offer on the ice - he was okay with the French team at the Final Olympic Qualification in Latvia, but his lack of speed showed on a European rink.

PEB said last year in the French media that NHL franchises had already contacted him to join the coaching staff.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him join the Avs staff at the end of the season.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Much respect for this player. Keep going until they all say ‘No’.

He’s carved out a helluva NHL career as a role player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad