Claimed off Waivers: [COL] Avalanche claim John Ludvig off waivers from the Penguins

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Avs defense needed a guy with a pulse from a size and physicality standpoint, not that Ludvig is that big.

Kylington and Brannstrom are disappointing creampuffs.

Malinski has probably made the top six. Ludvig will at least probably be up as the #7 to start to get a look. Which means really only one spot for one of the aforementioned trio. CDH probably stays as the low maintenance vet so there’s a chance at least one of the Swedes is waived, probably Brannstrom at minimum.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Avs can squeeze what they can from this guy and then they can put him back on waivers.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm not even sad about losing him for WBS depth, he was so painfully horrid in the pre-season that I'm astounded anyone would want him on their NHL team. And it's not like he was good for the Penguins last year either.
Well, the good news for Aves is that he's going from a rubbish defensive core and team to one that can insulate him so much better by limiting his role.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Decent physical depth dman who’s pretty limited. Can’t imagine he’s that much worse than JJ

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
If you need a 6 or 7 you can do worse.

Atleast he makes forwards pay physically.

A little surprised he got picked up after that pre season. But I understand.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He’s physical and was mostly playing with garbage or on the wrong side last year so I wouldn’t be deterred by that. He’s a solid #7.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
DMen that lean more physical usually aren't gonna peak by 24.. if you can sneak him through as a 7th all year, could maybe develop enough into a decent enough number 5 type on a reasonable contract in a couple years. Not the worst claim if he can stay healthy, we'll see if he sticks or gets sent (claimed) back to WBS.

Reactions: Jacob

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
The Avalanche website graphic says he's a forward

l.png

There's a good chance we've claimed someone and we don't know who he is.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Well, the good news for Aves is that he's going from a rubbish defensive core and team to one that can insulate him so much better by limiting his role.

Ludvig got insanely insulated with the Penguins, he got butter soft matchups. Yet he still finished with a -12 in 33 games while playing 12 minutes a night.

Yeah +/- isn’t a great stat, but when you’re getting completely murdered in your matchups and going that far into the negatives, no amount of physicality is going to make up for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad