Confirmed with Link: COL acquire F Vlad Namestnikov from OTT for 2021 4th round pick

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Got a little over an hour to go. Can't believe the return for JGP. This seems to me to be the real test. How much are GMs willing to overpay at the trade deadline to make a run at the SC? What's Sakic's approach to the SC? We will have our answer soon.

Isn't it 3pm EST.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Got a little over an hour to go. Can't believe the return for JGP. This seems to me to be the real test. How much are GMs willing to overpay at the trade deadline to make a run at the SC? What's Sakic's approach to the SC? We will have our answer soon.
Aren't there like 4 hours left? I thought it was 3pm Eastern Time.

Either way hopefully this isn't the last move, to be real contenders we need a few more parts.

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
Can help with the rash of injuries right now and be a serviceable depth guy in the post-season, all for a bargain price. I have absolutely no problems with this trade.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I need Dater and/or Chambers' analysis to determine whether or not I like this move

Reactions: Foppberg

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Really happy with this move. That pushes guys like Dries out while providing more offense and help on the PK. Also great deal when looking at the price. A 2021 4th is a steal.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
I see we've adjusted our plans from acquire all Tysons to acquire all Vlads

Tarasenko's going to be costly

Reactions: McMetal

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
There’s:

Vladislav Kamenev
Nikita Vladislav Zadorov
Vladislav Namestnikov
Andrei Vyacheslav Burakovsky
Valeri Vladislav Valinichushkin

OT but Zads and Nuke aren't Vlads themselves, their fathers are. Russians have paternal "middle names", like old Scandiwegian "last names" they are a standardized form of the father's name and aren't an actual name that is ever used on its own.

For example: my father is a Michael, so my middle name would be Michaylovich if I had one; while his father is named Yuri, so he's Mikhail Yuriavich.

And Bura's "middle name" doesn't even come from any versions of Vlad.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
OT but Zads and Nuke aren't Vlads themselves, their fathers are. Russians have paternal "middle names", like old Scandiwegian "last names" they are a standardized form of the father's name and aren't an actual name that is ever used on its own.

For example: my father is a Michael, so my middle name would be Michaylovich if I had one; while his father is named Yuri, so he's Mikhail Yuriavich.

And Bura's "middle name" doesn't even come from any versions of Vlad.

Oh.

I made everything up, but I appreciate the lesson. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad