Confirmed with Link: Cogliano Retires, Joins the Avs Front Office

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth

This is pretty crazy.

That's John Stockton level in a sport that is much more physical. Very impressive

1718987231063.png

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
I am glad Cogs took this role as he will be a great asset for the organization for a long time. You can teach skating; you can teach stickwork; you cannot teach soul. Having a guy who can be an example for young Eagles is invaluable. This is especially true with Bednar, who made a place for LOC and Calvert before him. When Calvert retired, I had hoped that he would take a similar role.

IMO, this amplifies the need to find some cap space for LOC.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Incredible career for the guy. Hope the best going forwards. Guy was a leader and warrior for us. Be well Cogs!

Edit: Oh shit, didn't even see the part where he's joining the FO. Awesome stuff.

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
The epitome of a professional. Great to see him remain in the organization. Any young player trying to make the NHL should try to emulate Cogliano's work ethic and dedication.

Reactions: Snow Arc

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
I still think best thing he ever did for the Avs was to request that MacKinnon got switched into a hotel room ending in 87 (Crosby's number) ahead of Game 6 in Tampa and then convincing MacKinnon that the 87 was the hockey gods' way of showing him that they were destined to win the Cup

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
I still think best thing he ever did for the Avs was to request that MacKinnon got switched into a hotel room ending in 87 (Crosby's number) ahead of Game 6 in Tampa and then convincing MacKinnon that the 87 was the hockey gods' way of showing him that they were destined to win the Cup
What, that really happened?:laugh:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Bloody good player and a beast of a person, but this had to happen. He was lost this season as it went along, not Pavelski bad, but definitely in the same sort of category.

E: Freakin' love it that he's joining Avs staff!

Snow Arc

Genetically engineered to want to be eaten
Aug 14, 2020
Terrific player, terrific guy and teammate, he really grew on me. I'm thankful to have been able to watch him win a cup and feel very fortunate he's staying with us. To many more great years!

Time to retire the pics as well. My fav is the big pair, like he had.
cog1.jpgcog2.jpgcog3.jpgcog4.jpgcoggif.gif

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay