Confirmed with Link: Cogliano Retires, Joins the Avs Front Office

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Huge part of the '22 Cup championship. Colorado's fourth line of Cogliano, Helm, and O'Connor was superb. I constantly kept thinking what a gamer Cogliano was during that run, he never took a shift off.

Glad he got his cup here and will remain with the organization.

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
As big a piece as any they added in 2022 outside of Lehky (who proved massive). Hell of a player, great career, and it was so great to see him hoist the Cup two years ago. Best to him and his family!

Reactions: Snow Arc

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Without really knowing... anything about any of the roles he could have taken, I always assumed he'd be more at home in a coaching role, or something closer to players and actually being on the ice. Just from the stories about how much time he spends practicing and when he gets to the rink. You'd also want someone as committed as he was around players as much as possible, so hopefully he's still involved in player development somehow.

Anyway, great career, consummate professional, someone you would always have a tremendous amount of pride in, knowing he was representing your team and sacrificing anything he had to to do so. I hope he enjoys his health and whatever he does with the organisation.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
He was an absolute warrior for this team. He always seemed to take a battering and came back for more. Super glad he managed to win a cup with this team, he was a solid leader and will be missed in the locker room. We need Landy back more than ever, with the absence of him, EJ and now Cogs, there's a bit of a leadership vacuum. Mack has certainly stepped up in that regard, but we need our captain back.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Congrats on that cup Cogs. It was time now to retire. He's just not that effective anymore and his PK game was slipping big time.

Happy to have him around the front office.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Definitely seems like he should be an improvement to player development.
Need a guy who can show these guys that being a utility player is a viable career option. Show them what work ethic will earn them.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Huge part of the '22 Cup championship. Colorado's fourth line of Cogliano, Helm, and O'Connor was superb. I constantly kept thinking what a gamer Cogliano was during that run, he never took a shift off.

Glad he got his cup here and will remain with the organization.

Now picture him playing like that every night and not missing a single game due to injury or other, for the first 830 games into his career until a damn suspension finally sat him out (I'll forever hate Parros on his behalf). There were countless times he'd take a stick to face or a bad hit, leave the game and we'd be sure his streak was ending, but then he'd always be back on the bench looking like hell. He's one of the greatest warriors in NHL history, it's no stretch whatsoever to say. Heck of a character guy to keep in your organization. So happy he was apart of your Cup win before hanging them up.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
I'm glad they keep him in the org, players seem to love him.

JJ next?
If Bednar could be trusted to play the younger guys and actually use JJ as a 7, would love that. But don’t think he can help himself. JJ is that perfect play him 20-30 games and ride the pine come playoffs D man.

But yeah, front office is the way you get the best of both worlds there too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad